Administrative and Clerical
HQ Administrative Assistant
This position performs administrative duties that support the daily business functions and operations of the Cadence Headquarters. The HQ Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact with visitors and is responsible for creating a welcoming and hospitable first impression. The HQ Administrative Assistant should thrive in a service-oriented environment, enjoy working with a team of creative and technical people, take initiative, offer new insights, and assist staff as needed. This position regularly interacts with external companies, Cadence field missionaries, service vendors and suppliers, serving as an ambassador, business partner and project coordinator, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Front Desk/HQ Support
- Create and distribute email announcements and invitations.
- Manage phone and walk-in inquiries.
- Monitor and distribute messages from the general voicemail box and faxes.
- Coordinate Brown Bag lunches three (3) times per year.
- Send “Thank You” correspondence to major donors and memorial gift donors.
- Acknowledge HQ birthdays with e-cards and birthday gift cards sent on behalf of team.
- Coordinate and send bereavement gifts/flowers.
- Assist with coordinating HQ volunteer schedules and arrange volunteer appreciation gifts/lunches.
- Maintain inventory and purchase of HQ supplies, including general office items like candy and coffee.
- Oversee HQ storage and swap out boxes to be shredded from onsite storage.
- General filing.
- Provide administrative support in preparation for certain meetings and events, including board meetings. Prepare printed materials, purchase necessary supplies, and maintain electronic files, when necessary.
- Purchase and setup snacks, food, and beverages for meetings and events.
- Coordinate transportation and housing for attendees, if needed.
HQ Facility Support
- Daily property walks and inspections to ensure everything is in working order and physical appearance of building is maintained.
- Manage operations and contract work such as: snow removal, custodial, upkeep and maintenance. Reach out to vendors regularly to establish rapport and ensure service needs are being met.
- Oversee building key control and alarm code administration.
- Assist with facility projects as needed, including research, price analysis, coordination of contractors, and overseeing implementation of projects.
- Perform various building maintenance tasks or coordinate volunteers or contractors to complete these tasks.
- Lead HQ workdays two (2) times per year.
- Use sound judgement and problem resolution skills, occasionally making decisions in supervisor’s absence.
- Assist with Finance functions such as double check donations, administrative help, and customer service, as needed.
- Serve as the backup for mailroom tasks.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Previous customer service experience a plus.
- Similar experience (front desk/reception, administrative support, and operations) preferred.
- Ability to coordinate projects to successful completion with little or no supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including warm, friendly, and professional phone etiquette.
- Born again, mature Christian with an affinity for the mission and work of Cadence International.
- Must be computer literate and have a high comfort level with computer programs (Office 365) and must be willing to learn new applications.
- Possess the ability to gain proficiency in the effective operation of office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and other paper binding/cutting equipment.
- Must deploy Cadence’s Mission and Vision.
- Heart for reaching military and the world reflected through personal serving of others and sharing of resources.
- Because of the distinctly Christian emphasis of Cadence’s mission work, must sign and comply with Cadence International’s Code of Christian Conduct.
- Willing to join departmental staff in periodic prayer times for the needs of the mission and to attend the weekly headquarters chapel held during work hours.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including a positive attitude, willingness to help resolve issues, and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be self-motivated, with high initiative.
- Strengths in administration, multi-tasking, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation with a positive attitude and willingness to help.
- Ability to graciously re-prioritize workload as demands change throughout the day, and flexibility to meet demands of a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to exercise considerable discretion in the handling of confidential or sensitive matters.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Cadence International is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to reaching the military communities of the United States and of the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, climb stairs, talk, listen and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Important Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans):
Cadence is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The organization prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin, or disability in accordance with applicable legal requirements. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment because of an individual’s membership in any of these protected classes.B ecause it is a religious organization, Cadence is permitted by law to use its religious doctrines and practices as a basis for hiring and other employment decisions with all employees. In addition, employees having ministerial functions, including missionaries and employees in leadership roles, may be subject to special requirements or qualifications based upon religious principles. If you would like to review our Veteran and Disabled policies, please contact Human Resources at 303-762-1400 during normal business hours. Cadence International will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.To Apply: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AT https://cadence.org/apply-now/