Office and Administration
Human Resources Generalist (Remote)
How to Apply: https://yfc.net/job/hr-generalist/
This HR Generalist position operates under the banner of the Leader Equipping Team for the movement of Youth For Christ. The team is charged with Find, Grow, Keep. Under the traditional HR function, this individual is responsible for curating the optimal talent experience for every person that touches the mission and purpose of YFC.
Attracting and onboarding a diverse pool of qualified candidates that are passionate about reaching youth with the gospel of Christ.
Providing our leaders with a total rewards package that ensures employees feel valued, including compensation, health benefits, work-life balance opportunities, professional development, recognition for performance and spiritual formation.
This individual is the primary steward of the NSC workforce.
Essential Functions “FIND” (Recruiting)
- Establish excellent rapport with staff and external customers
- Manage and oversee all staffing needs, recruitment and on-boarding efforts, job board, and MOU/Contractor agreements.
- Handle recruiting and sourcing – by posting job ads, screening applicants, conducting background and reference checks, scheduling job interviews and assisting in the interview process.
- Handle onboarding process and prepare new employee files.
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Manage the Predictive Index tool for all employees and Chapters.
- Serve as the primary Point of Contact for Payroll.
- Ensure compliance of all personnel information and paperwork, including managing personnel record retention, HRIS, annual paperwork.
“KEEP” (Employee Benefits)
- Oversee the administration of all group benefit plans according to YFC policies and procedures, plan documentation, contractual arrangements, and regulatory requirements (ERISA, HIPAA, DOL,IRS)GIVE LIFE TO YOUR STORY®
- Lead in the presentation of benefit renewal and open enrollment.
- Manage benefits portal and serve as point of contact with our third- party benefits administrator.
- Administer the 403b plan for YFC USA and YFC-I, Leaves of
- Absence, including FMLA and ADA.
- Administer benefit plans including enrollments, changes, terminations, vendor interfaces, payroll deductions, and COBRA.
- Maintain employee benefit files and update employee benefits/ payroll records
- Advise, assist, and support employees in interpretation of benefits plans
- Develop, maintain, and distribute communications about benefits updates, trainings, and news to employees.
- Advise, equip, and resource staff on recruiting and benefits using YFC Resources
- Audit, verify, reconcile, and manage recruiting and benefits related invoices.
- Serve as primary contact for benefits and recruiting vendors.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for matrix projects
- Stay up to date and in compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions.
- Complete all payroll forms (new hire, status/pay/benefits changes, terminations, etc.) and technology termination paperwork
- Maintain open-door policy and safe place for all YFC staff to share thoughts and concerns.
- Perform duties as assigned.
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life- long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel,
YFC expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
- Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression.
Additionally, YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
For Affiliate and Chapter Staff: YFC may attach a minimum fundraising goal to certain projects, activities, departments, or individuals.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of Employment law, FMLA, ADA, ERISA
- Familiarity and/or willingness to use provided technological tools
(Salesforce Case Management, Smartsheet, SharePoint, etc.)
- Experience using an Applicant Tracking system is required
- Proven experience of end-to-end recruitment lifecycle and benefits concepts and principles (benefits knowledge and experience a plus)
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and solution-oriented
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, and communicative
- Willingness and proficient in learning new technology
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow in HR functions
- Ability and enthusiasm in building rapport with all employees
- Ability to extend grace, patience to others and self in a high-demand environment, and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel, HRIS
(hiring/recruiting platform, and/or benefits management systems)
Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust).
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful
- Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds, fosters an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy for those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences.
(Kingdom Inspired Diversity).
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
- Associate Degree in HR or related field with 3+ years of proven experience or bachelor’s degree in HR or related field with 2+ years of proven experience
- SHRM – CP/SMRM – SCP or PHR/SPHR preferred
- Minimal travel required; annually, participation at “RLCs” Regional
- Leadership Conferences, 1 week of Camp and biennially, National
- Leadership Conferences. Travel may be required for participation in
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities.
YFC is classified as an Association of Churches and as such our hiring practices reflect that designation. As a religious nonprofit organization, Youth For Christ incorporates within each leader role, the requirement to model, teach, share and live the faith. The relationship between YFC’s mission and each of its leaders is its lifeblood and as such does at all times and in all instances reserve the right to make employment decisions based upon a person’s religious beliefs, personal character and lifestyle consistent with our understanding of the Bible or with our overall goals and requirements for Christian ministry.
We seek to create a workplace that is intentional about Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Our commitment to our employees extends to their opportunities for growth, development, promotion, training and compensation.
We will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the organization.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.