Wellspring Church located in Englewood Colorado is committed to the training and development of young men and women that are discerning a call to vocational ministry in the local church. In the Fall of 2022, we will launch our eighth year of programming and we invite all interested persons to review the following document and apply if you are interested.
The Internship at Wellspring is a hybrid approach to ministry training and formation. The interns will collectively participate in an Intern Cohort, which will offer them the opportunity to be discipled, developed, and to engage in the work of discernment together in a communal setting. In addition to this, each intern will also be paired with a specific ministry area to further equip them with “hands on” training and experience.
After nine months, the intern will have been exposed to vocational ministry and training toward a potential call to ministry in the church and have clarity about their decision moving forward.
Primary Objectives (the 3 D’s):
- Discipleship—facilitate the ongoing process of growing in their relationship to Christ.
- Discernment—assist each person in discerning whether they are called to ministry in the church or other setting.
- Development—provide leadership development and other skill building opportunities and experience that can be applied in a church (Wellspring included) or any organizational setting.
- Able to affirm the Wellspring Faith Essentials
- A servant heart and attitude
- A teachable spirit
- A self-starter, with the ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Able to relate well with people of all ages
- Loves to learn and open to discerning your vocation calling
- Good verbal and written communication skills and proficient in computer skills
- Desire to see people authentically worship God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Be present to the people of the church
- Significant and consistent involvement in the life and ministries of Wellspring Englewood
- Seek exposure to all areas of church life
- Participate in All Staff gatherings, meetings, and events when available
- Work an average of 8-10 hours per week which generally would include five hours on Sunday and 5 hours during the work week
Primary Responsibilities & Tasks
- Meet once or twice a month with your Intern Cohort for training and discipleship
- Meet weekly with your Ministry Leader
- Meet once a semester with your Cohort Leader
- Complete all assigned reading and assignments
- Help with church-wide events and services
- Help create a worshipful and hospitable environment for Sunday Morning Worship Services
- Participate in specific ministry area events and needs
- Dive deeper into a specific ministry area that you will invest in and learn from throughout your time as an
intern. Options include:
o Worship Ministry
o Community Life Ministry
o Children’s and Family Ministry
o Communications and Technology
o Compassion and Global Mission Ministry
o Youth and Family Ministry
o Church Planting
o Church Administration and Operations
The Internship program begins September 1, 2022 and ends May 31, 2023.
This is an unpaid internship. Because this is a volunteer position, we will be flexible with your availability and capacity. We believe that the experience of this internship is valuable to your development and we are excited to help you grow and discern in your calling to ministry.
Katie Gayle, Executive Pastor of Ministry, will oversee our internship program and you can reach her at email@example.com. However, Katie will be on Sabbatical until August 1st so until then, contact Chris Binkley, Executive Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the Internship and/or the application process. Thank you for your interest!
To Apply: Chris Binkley, email@example.com