K-12 Art Teacher
Belleview Christian School is seeking an energetic and creative art teacher. The teacher will teach and coordinate the art education department for the school. Classes include Kindergarten through high school.
- Must be a Christian, walking in fellowship with Christ, Godly, above reproach in all areas of life, and apt to teach, I Tim 3:2.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Work directly under the supervision of the grade level principal.
- Must have good Biblical discipline and control.
- Must be physically and emotionally able to do the work required.
- Must be dependable, able to talk with parents reasonably, and deal with children in a fair and just way.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, as well as meet deadlines.
- Computer skills must be equal to the requirements of the job.
- Must relate well with children.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university. (Be knowledgeable of materials taught.)
- Must be willing to apply for ACSI Teaching Certification at the time employment starts or before contract renewal for the second year of teaching.
Hours of employment:
Hours of employment will be set by the administration at the time of hire. (Full-time working hours are 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.)
Be responsible for teaching assigned students and work under the school principal and be reviewed for quality of performance and compliance with the policies of the school.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow the policies and expectations established by Belleview Christian School Administration.
- Continually strive for a deeper walk with the Lord, including personal quiet times and church attendance.
- Assume personal responsibility for the Christian nurture of each student under your care. Look for opportunities to draw your students, parents, etc., to Christ.
- Be responsible for the constructive, Biblical methods of discipline in your classroom.
- Post weekly lesson plans.
- Prepare ahead of class time and clean up afterward.
- Make sure learning goals are clearly stated with each lesson and that all yearly objectives are met.
- Move around the classroom.
- Enforce all safety rules/drills set forth in the handbook.
- Be responsible for the health and safety of students assigned to your class.
- Attend light housekeeping duties each day. Leave the classroom in an orderly manner at the end of each workday.
- Attend all staff meetings and school-related activities during and after school hours.
Teachers are responsible for keeping their classrooms and the hallway outside neat and clean.
- Pick up paper, trash, books, etc./sweep the floor (have students help at the end of classes).
- Clean/straighten materials in the hallway. Items left behind should be taken to lost & found.
- Dump classroom trash in the hallway’s large trash cans.
- Turn off lights and fans, and computer monitors, lock windows and doors, and adjust blinds.
- Check that all outside doors close properly behind you.
Each staff member will be evaluated for his/her performance, based on his/her job description, including the use of the prescribed curriculum, and adequate coverage of the subject matter.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org