Youth and Children's Ministry
Stonehill started in 2016 and has already grown to over 1000 people twice! Before and after Covid! We are a contemporary laid back church located in one of the fastest-growing areas in the US. Our mission is to love all people and help them find and follow Jesus!
Please Apply Here: Kids Director Application Link
Position Title: Kids Ministry Director Department: Kids Ministry
Reports To: Executive Pastor Status: Full time
Revised: August 2022 Pay: Salary
The Kids Ministry Director supports the Stonehill Church mission of loving all people and helping them find and follow Jesus by providing leadership, development, and vision for the Kid’s Ministry staff, volunteer teams, parents, and kids. They will create amazing, Sunday AM environments and volunteer experiences and develop engaging curriculum that supports parents to help our youngest attenders in finding and following Jesus.
Specific List of Responsibilities
Drive the vision for Stonehill Kids ministry to match Stonehill’s core values.
- Create excellent, fun, and engaging environments for nusery-5th graders on Sunday morning by constant evaluation and systematic improvements.
- Develop curriculum to engage kids as they learn about God, the Bible, and story of Jesus.
- Recruit and equip volunteer teams to engage in kids’ ministry.
- Create warm and loving serving environments where volunteers feel cared for which would include appreciation and celebrations.
- Ensure volunteer leadership are following the “Stonehill” way.
- Create excellent regular training opportunities for volunteers.
- Create and run different family functions throughout the year with the goal of connecting families with volunteers and each other. These will include but not be limited to child dedications, child baptism classes, parenting teaching events, and Family events.
- Parent Communication and Training
- Oversee ongoing communication with parents.
- Create and implement ways to disciple parents to help them in discipling their kids. (Curriculum, information, trainings, etc.)
- Oversee all paid staff and volunteers serving in Stonehill Kids.
- Give oversight to overall kid’s ministry budget.
Lead Kids Ministry Staff:
- Early Childhood Coordinator (FTE)
- K-3 Coordinator (PTE)
- 4th-5th Grade Coordinator (PTE)
- Kidcheck assistant (PTE)
- At least three-years of experience on a team within a medium to large church context that reveals skills necessary for this role.
- An applicable educational background. (College degree preferred and/or 3+ years experience in an equivalent role.)
- Ability to supervise staff and to understand, motivate, and support ministry leaders.
- Personal initiative and diligence that produces follow-through in tasks.
- Understand group dynamics and ensure effective consensus building and decision-making.
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately, both orally and in writing.
- Promotes a positive attitude and working environment, desires to have fun, and is flexible.
Personal and Spiritual Requirements
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within Stonehill Church, including . . .
- Regular attendance at all services and Stonehill Church
- Abstain from tobacco and illegal substances
At Stonehill Church we value working through people to accomplish goals, as well as personally contributing at a level that requires God’s help. By maintaining these priorities, we will put ourselves in a position where we can continue to strive for excellence and value reaching lost people.
STONEHILL’S PARTNERSHIP PATHWAY
Staff Team Members have an expectation of upholding the Partnership Pathway of Stonehill.
Gather- Each Staff Team member needs to be committed to being at Sunday services on a regular basis. Our Community Groups are an integral part of our church, so it is vital to be part of a Community group.
Grow- It is hard to lead somewhere you have never been. It is critical that Staff Team Members are personally growing in their walk with Christ. This should include daily Bible Study and Prayer.
Give– It is important that each Staff Team Member is giving their Time, Treasure, and Talents.A staff member should be committed to giving their tithes and offering to our local Church. (Stonehill)
Go– This can look different, but a Staff Team Member is going by serving in and out of Stonehill, (local community) by creating discipleship relationships where you are pouring spiritually into others.
*This job description includes the essential functions of the job that an incumbent must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The organization maintains “at will” employment. This job description is subject to review and may be revised or updated at management’s discretion
To Apply: email@example.com