Youth and Children's Ministry
Kids Ministry Director
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS ONLY VIA https://childrensministryleader.com/centerpoint-church.
Title: Kids Ministry Director
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Full time, salaried (40-45 hours per week).
Inspire and equip children (birth through 8th grade) and their families to follow Jesus by developing and carrying out faith development opportunities, leading thriving age appropriate worship experiences, and overseeing a team of volunteers all in accordance with the mission, vision and established goals of the Church.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (with % emphasis for each):
Spiritual and Organizational Leadership ( 30%)
- Maintain a healthy and growing personal spiritual life and lead others to do the same.
- Maintain consistent and regular communication with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership for their families
- Raise awareness in the congregation to children’s needs and the need for ministries for children in the community and the world.
- Deliver children’s messages during Sunday morning services for weeks when children’s programming is not available.
- Personally follow-up with new families whose children (birth – 8th grade) attend children’s ministry events for the first time. Follow-up with children/families who have been missing and invite them to return.
- Organize summer activities and outings for families with young children.
- Plan and lead outreach activities that engage Kindergarten through 8th grade children in local and global service to others.
Team Building (25%)
- Create a system for recruiting, training, and empowering volunteer leaders.
- Lead a Team that develops, implements and maintains an ongoing ministry for children.
- Provide opportunities for volunteer development.
- Work with volunteers throughout the year to develop children’s programming.
- Create and maintain a children’s ministry calendar of all events and activities.
- Continue to increase knowledge of curriculum and other resources available for children in order to help teachers and group leaders select appropriate resources for study and growth.
- Evaluate age appropriate program materials, equipment, supplies, and space for children’s ministry.
- Assure safe sanctuary policies and procedures are in place to keep all children and the adults who work with them are safe.
- Monitor the physical environment of the children’s area for safety.
- Maintain updated information of all children in ministry (and visitors) including but not limited to allergies, contact information, and special needs.
- Maintain and record attendance/including managing the Kiosk check-in system.
- Manage WNL kitchen leader as needed within the program.
- Strategic Agility—Is future oriented and can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities.
- Creativity—Analyzes problems/needs and creates breakthrough solutions.
- Priority Setting—Creates focus and can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
- Integrity and Trust—Keeps confidences and can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS ONLY VIA https://childrensministryleader.com/centerpoint-church.To Apply: CHILDMINLEADER@GMAIL.COM