Youth and Children's Ministry
Kids Ministry Pastor
Grace Community Fellowship Church in Eugene, Oregon, is looking for a Kids Ministry Pastor. This non-denominational church is located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest just one hour away from the iconic coastline. With its grace-centered focus, this congregation seeks to meet people where they are at and help them to follow Jesus.
With seven full-time staff members and six part-time employees, GCF is bursting at the seams with vibrant youth programs, active family ministries, thriving small groups, 700+ in Sunday morning attendance, and a growing online presence. In addition, we are in the final process of expanding our Kids and Youth Ministry area to reach even more families in the Eugene area.
Grace Community Fellowship is a warm and inviting, upbeat, Christ-centered, Bible-believing church that is looking for just the right person to join the team in bringing God’s light to Oregon’s charming, university-town of Eugene.
The Kids Ministry Pastor at Grace Community Fellowship will be responsible for championing and overseeing all areas of children’s ministry (birth-5th grade) under the church wide mission of Loving People Where They are At and Helping Them Follow Jesus. This individual should seek to develop children and encourage their parents to have a healthy view of Jesus and his church. This involves creating dynamic Sunday morning worship experiences, organizing compelling programs and events, as well as equipping parents and kids to disciple themselves well.
- Shape, lead, and ensure alignment of Kids Ministry with the vision of Grace Community Fellowship Church.
- Ensure that Kids Ministry curriculum develops a gospel-centered worldview for children and equips parents to disciple their children.
- Oversee all Kids Ministry events and programs.
- Recruit, inspire, and develop volunteers for the mission of Kids Ministry.
- Provide a friendly grace-oriented environment and experience on Sunday mornings which includes safe and efficient child check-in & pick-up, safe and inviting classrooms, and volunteer leaders who are ready and equipped.
- Collaborate with the Kids Ministry Assistant to provide vision and creativity to grow and sustain a healthy Kids Ministry presence in Eugene.
The Successful Candidate
Education and Experience:
- 5 years or more of Kids Ministry experience
- Undergraduate degree; master’s preferred
- Biblical and Theological training preferred
- Owns the mission, vision, and values of Grace Community Fellowship; theologically aligns with our core beliefs.
- An organizational leader that collaborates well with other ministries and leaders.
- Relational strength in developing and leading people (staff, volunteers, lay leaders)
- Strategic strength to execute plans that track for growth and accountability.
- Communication strength to engage and inspire both kids and adults.
- Has knowledge and understanding of childhood development, especially as it pertains to the educational process.
- Will model a mature personal spiritual life through practices such as consistently reading scripture, prayer, and personal devotions.
- Grace-filled and compassionate person who responds to situations with love and patience.
- Willing to disciple Kids Ministry volunteers and empower parents.
- Meets the Biblical qualifications for a Pastor.
For more information visit www.gcfweb.org. To apply, send your resume to Kris Harrison, Executive Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org.To Apply: Kris Harrison, Executive Pastor, email@example.com