Youth and Children's Ministry
Job Summary: To support the mission of Outer West Community Church (OWCC) by developing and implementing a strategic ministry plan and discipleship pathway for all kids ages birth through 5th grade.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Casts vision for Kids Ministry and champions for families through active discipleship.
- Creates developmentally appropriate and engaging weekly programming for nursery through elementary.
- Ensures compliance with children’s protection policies.
- Sources, develops, and implements a strategy for special needs ministry.
- Recruits, trains, empowers, and schedules qualified and committed volunteer teams for all ministry environments.
- Cultivates healthy relationships and communication with parents.
- Resources parents with practical tools to assist discipling kids.
- Oversees and expands assimilation and promotions between grade levels.
- Organizes and has an active presence at kids’ events, dedications, outreach activities, camps, and gatherings.
- Participates in the annual budget preparation to ensure adequate funds for the assigned area. Monitors and approves expenditures; directs and implements budgetary adjustments, as necessary.
- Engages in the community by partnering with area elementary schools and agencies to develop effective outreach opportunities.
- Assists with pastoral care ministry duties as well as counseling, weddings, funerals, baptisms, teaching, and communion.
- Leads and attends appropriate staff and department meetings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Actively practices personal spiritual disciplines and leads with humility, character, and love.
- Personally engaged with our mission, vision, and strategy.
- Actively engaged in our mission to be Christ where you work, live and play.
- Attend Discover Oak Hills and become a member within six (6) months of employment.
- Partner with other departments to lead, promote, and/or implement ministry initiatives and events.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Ministry training or Christian education preferred.
• Three (3) years of progressive responsibility in leading Kids ministry.
• Experience can be substituted for education.
• Current Texas driver’s license (Incumbents with out-of-state license must attain Texas license within six (6) months of employment).
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of God’s Word and Christian biblical foundation and principals.
- Knowledge in strategic thinking and planning.
- Knowledge of early childhood learning development stages.
- Knowledge of personal project management principles, administration practices, organization techniques, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Planning Center Online, ProPresenter, Mac, Office, and Google applications and equipment.
- Knowledge of principals of supervision, training, and performance management.
- Knowledge of relational intelligence, grace, and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Knowledge of budget development, expense tracking/reporting, and administration.
- Ability to be empathetic and gracious in all interactions.
- Ability to display relational and emotional intelligence that builds trusted credibility.
- Ability to develop leaders and team members for effective ministry.
- Ability to make wise decisions through the consistent display of integrity and discernment.
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and guests.
- Ability to consistently complete assigned tasks with excellence and limited supervision.
- Ability to perform all the intellectual and analytical requirements of the position including decision making.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Occasional lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.