Youth and Children's Ministry
Kidtown Director – West Nashville
Midtown West Nashville Kidtown Director works in partnership with the congregation’s leadership to develop and implement a children’s ministry that is Gospel-centered and ministers to both children and families of Midtown West. Principally the Kidtown Director is responsible for the strategic planning, coordination, and leadership of the Kidtown ministry at Midtown West.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
- Create & Lead the Kidtown Ministry at Midtown West Nashville
- Develop interdependence with congregational leadership and key volunteers in continual development and growth of Midtown West Kidtown.
- Manage the resources available to Kidtown: define needs, make purchases, maintain resources, etc.
- Develop and implement safety policies and procedures.
- With the help of congregational leadership, find & implement a curriculum for Kidtown.
- Plan and prepare curriculum implementation weekly.
- Plan and execute Kidtown events that support the congregational ministry plan.
- Develop the Structure for Identifying, Recruiting, & Mobilizing Kidtown Volunteers
- Create an organizational volunteer structure required to create a safe and loving Kidtown environment each week.
- Recruit, train, and mobilize volunteers & paid assistants (if applicable) for Midtown West.
- Develop & maintain Kidtown Volunteer handbook.
- Pray with, recast vision, and encourage Kidtown volunteers weekly before Kidtown.
- Communicate with Staff, Volunteers, Families & Congregation
- Communicate volunteer needs, issues and concerns to Midtown West leadership promptly.
- Communicate needs, issues and concerns of children and/or families to congregational leadership promptly.
- Communicate to staff, body and volunteers concerning policy, procedures, curriculum, expectations of parents, nursery education/activity schedule, etc.
- Manage ongoing communication with Kidtown families, volunteers, and congregation.
- Regularly share stories of celebration from the Kidtown ministry with the congregation.
- Co-labors with congregational leadership to create a Kidtown ministry that aligns with the vision & values of the congregation.
- Collaborates with other Midtown Kidtown directors to learn best practices & problem-solve issues.
- Attends weekly Midtown West weekly staff meetings.
- Meets weekly with the Midtown West Pastor for planning and development.
- Reports to the Executive Director as it relates to objectives, logistical and administrative aspects of the role.
- Participates in the life and community of Midtown Fellowship as a member of the church body.