About the Company:
Rocky Mountain Ponds and Waterfalls (‘RMPW’) is southern Denver’s premier landscape installation business, paired with a dedicated-supplier destination garden center, a customer favorite offering a unique and diverse selection of shrubs and trees as well as unforgettable experiences. Having won multiple awards over its 20+ year history, the business includes a substantial retail operation and offers specialized landscaping installation and landscape-
maintenance services. With an ideal location surrounded by thousands of new-home builds, this very special business is poised to continue to grow alongside Colorado’s attractive Front Range market for years to come.
We are looking for a motivated, driven Designer / Project Manager to assume leadership over five crews and $2.5M of annual historical sales. This person will build on an established track record of success to plan and execute for long-term growth. As Designer / Project Manager, you will be responsible for following each landscaping job from the initial estimate all the way through to the final walkthrough. You’ll deal directly with homeowners, designing a landscaping solution they love, and then work with the crews to make sure the job gets done on time and on budget. The ideal candidate will be a proficient landscape designer/estimator, have excellent sales and customer service skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, is familiar with Denver’s plant zone, communicative, organized and has the ambition to grow a multi-million dollar landscaping company. You will have the opportunity to ride-along with the current CEO for a minimum two-month period of side-by-side training before taking over yourself.
General Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Meet with customers to determine site needs and prepare project budgets, estimates, and proposals on job sizes from $10,000 to $100,000, with an average job size of $50,000.
- Perform site measurements and analyses that include assessment of property, including existing plants, soil conditions, lighting, views, and architecture of the home or structure.
- Design landscape plans and functional outdoor spaces and create prints and drawings as required.
- Coordinate and supervise day-to-day work of installation crews.
- Make sure all materials are on-hand when needed.
- Communicate with homeowners throughout the design and installation process, resolve issues as they arise, and complete the final walk-through.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth, including developing relationships with new home builders and residential developments.
- At least two years of experience in landscaping, horticulture, or construction installation.
- Experience working with clients, tradesmen, and subcontractors.
- Working knowledge of landscaping and/or construction processes.
- An understanding of plant material, soil types, irrigation systems, pest control, and landscape construction methods.
- Ability to read blueprints for landscape and irrigation projects.
- Ability to use computers proficiently, to include basic familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks.
- Spanish speaking is a bonus but not required.
- Bachelors degree in Landscape Design or Business Management a bonus but not required.
Salary and Benefits:
- $70-$80 DOE + no-cap commission based on company profits and individual performance.
- Mileage reimbursement and phone with potential for company truck
- Up to 10 days of PTO per year
- Paid training opportunities
- Ongoing leadership development opportunities throughout the year