Audio and Visual
Lead Broadcast Director
Wooddale Church is a vibrant, multi-site church in the Twin Cities of 4,000 with campuses in Eden Prairie, Edina and downtown Minneapolis. Wooddale is a generationally and culturally diverse community that exists to honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ—here, near and far.
The Lead Broadcast Director provides creative and technical leadership to all areas of broadcast and pre- produced video in the Creative Arts department at Wooddale Church. This role helps recruit, train and develop all camera and broadcast volunteers, is responsible for all service-related video deliverables including broadcast video and pre-produced video at Wooddale Church, and helps set a course consistent with the vision of the Weekend Service Producer and wider Creative Arts team. This individual combines a strong aesthetic with robust understanding of the technical broadcast systems to ensure worship services and other creative projects are concepted, produced, and delivered in a timely and excellent manner.
· Oversees all aspects of broadcast and pre-produced video content for Wooddale’s weekend services, ensuring a successful capture, edit, delivery, streaming, and archiving of weekend services and messages each week.
· Grows the team intentionally through volunteer recruitment, and help invest in and provide ongoing direction, training, and support to all camera and broadcast team members across all campuses.
· Creates and directs various video projects or other creative media to be used for Worship Services, special events or other ministry use.
· Collaborates with other team members, ministry areas, or outside agencies to ensure all upcoming projects or services are achieved with excellence, timeliness, and cost-effectiveness.
· Organizes and maintains standard operating procedures for the usage, storage, and maintenance of all broadcast-related equipment and identifies future purchases and upgrades.
· Actively following Jesus, being changed by Jesus, and committed to the mission of Jesus.
· Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
· Be a regular participant in public worship at, and remain a member in good standing of Wooddale Church.
· 3-5 years experience and expert-level familiarity with broadcast and studio cameras, broadcast video switching, and post-production editing equipment, including, but not limited to:
o Professional grade cameras, lenses, tripods, cabling, etc in both broadcast and studio environments.
o Various broadcast video switchers for both IMAG and broadcast applications.
o Audio DAW systems (Logic Pro or similar) for use in editing video or other projects.
o High level of proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or another applicable professional editing software.
· Strong aptitude for, or experience with, other key platforms/programs, including, but not limited to:
o Adobe Creative Suite
o Planning Center Online
o Church Online Platform
o Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong interpersonal skills to build and grow relationships with a variety of people at Wooddale and throughout the community, resulting in a healthy team and worship culture.
· Strategic and organized in the planning and implementation of video systems and initiatives.
· Self-starter and driven toward helping fulfill campus and church-wide goals and objectives
· Committed to building and training teams of volunteers and contractors across all campuses.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
· Typical schedule includes weekday hours as well as weekend services and responsibilities
· Evening, weekend, and extended hours as holiday or events require
· Requires the ability to occasionally commute to and work from other campuses as needed
· This position will be located primarily at the Eden Prairie campus, with regular support at the multi-sites
· Ability lift 50+ pounds as needed to set up and take down production equipment.
Reports to: Weekend Service Producer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please apply at: wooddale.org/careers
We use E-verify to verify employment eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2432To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2432