Audio and Visual
Lead Graphic Designer
Valor Christian High School is a decidedly Christian, college preparatory school whose core values honor a biblical foundation. Valor employees are faith-centered, joy-filled believers who are active in a local, Christian church. They are both called and committed to the school’s vision and mission and seamlessly integrate faith into their daily work. You will be most successful if you have a true servant’s heart, a teachable spirit, a love for the Lord Jesus Christ, and a commitment to the school’s beliefs and values. The Graphic Designer attracts and serves Valor’s target audiences by visually communicating the school’s brand, mission and culture. As a creative collaborator, you must also be a practical producer who can efficiently and timely translate thumbnails, grids, and wireframes into finished designs for digital print resources and brand merchandise. When it comes to photography, you will work with the marketing and communications team to capture images that enhance website and social media engagement – whether you take the photos directly or work with others to get them. The team will count on your eye for color and composition because you understand the power of visual communication and brand integrity. You will keep close watch on brand standards for the school and its key programs to ensure a cohesive visual identity. As a key part of the Valor marketing and communications team, your role is to fulfill the graphic design needs of the school working with all departments on annual projects and events that align with the overall strategic communications plan for the school. You are most likely to thrive in this role, if you are a growing, career-minded professional who is qualified and excited to fulfill the following responsibilities. Although not focused directly on students, your role will benefit them as you combine your faith and work within Valor’s Christ centered environment and partnership with parents. Candidates will be expected to provide a compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects as part of the selection process.
- Produce Clear and Compelling Marketing and Communications Attract, serve and retain target audiences aligned with Valor’s mission and representative of its four pillars: Academics, Arts+Media, Athletics and Discovery
- Produce designs, templates and visual elements for the school’s website, broadcast email, social media, videos, print collateral, advertising, key events, school store merchandise and other resources
- Coordinate with Valor’s web developer to confirm specifications and production of mobile, tablet and desktop web page designs and graphics, with awareness of special coding, HTML, plugins or integrations as needed
- Ensure the capture of photographs for marketing and communications purposes
- Uphold Valor brand identity standards through modeling, training and accountability school-wide for all programs and products
- Conduct periodic review of web graphics as needed to keep the site accurate and relevant
- Contribute to an Efficient Project Pipeline
- Participate in Marketing and Communications project management systems and teamwork to serve the school as a whole and its various departments
- Provide design and art production to support ongoing communications and special projects from concept to completion, with attention to marketing goals, market competition, deliverables, schedules, deadlines, budgets, vendor production and delivery
- Ensure appropriate archives of creative assets and completed projects
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Pursue Professional and Personal Growth
- Stay up-to-date on marketing and design trends and tools, and develop proficiency to sustain individual and team excellence
Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live a life that reflects that authenticity.
- Model the fruits of the spirit in communications, relationships and daily work.
- Demonstrate teachability and a willing heart for service.
- Embody others-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions.
Demonstrate Trustworthy Commitment to Valor Christian High School
- Accept and uphold Valor’s Statement of Beliefs
- Accept and abide by all affirmations in Valor’s Annual Statement of Commitment
- Be relationally involved in the life/lives of our students with a heart of service and mission
- Seamlessly and deliberately integrate Biblical truth and Christian values into daily work
Serve Wholeheartedly as an Exceptional Teammate
- Uphold and embody Valor’s culture as set forth in the Valor Culture Document
- Model servant leadership, grace and love in all relationships and interactions
- Develop relationships with colleagues with goals of teamwork, relational unity and spiritual growth.
- Provide team support regarding all matters, processes and initiatives/
- Demonstrate loyalty to teammates in action and word.
- Assist Team members to facilitate school-wide wins.
- Demonstrate a Commitment to Fulfilling Valor’s Vision and Mission
- Assume collaborative responsibility for Operating Plan Goals and Fiscal stewardship
- Be a ‘culture- keeper’
- Demonstrate a Commitment to Growth
- Participate in Valor Team meetings, Chapel and weekly meetings with Team/Supervisor
- Demonstrate teachability and receptive to feedback.
- Pursue professional/personal/spiritual growth and development.
- Participate in the broader ministry of Valor by contributing time, talent and treasure beyond assigned role responsibilities.
Marketing and Communications team members, vendors, contractors
Representatives of all school departments, especially Admissions, Donor Relations, Academics, Arts, Athletics and Discovery Parents, students and alumni Communications Advisory Team
Target audiences in the Valor community become informed and engaged as they receive and respond to school communications that present a clear, cohesive brand identity The Marketing and Communications team is known school-wide for creativity, skill and collaboration Annual operating goals are fulfilled with excellent work, on time and on budget
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 5 years of experience in Graphic Design Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field. Three years of in-house agency or advertising agency experience handling multiple projects
SKILLS AND SOFTWARE
- Mastery of design elements, such as color, typography and composition, with artistic sensibility to effectively use these elements demonstrating an excellent eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills to present ideas visually and verbally to project stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of brand identity standards application to multiple programs or products
- Strong analytical skills Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency with website content management and styling in systems such as Elementor for WordPress
- Familiarity with Premiere and Lightroom Familiarity with UI/UX practices and trends
- Familiarity with broadcast email systems such as Emma or MailChimp Familiarity with print production requirements for digital and offset formats
- Proficiency with Mac computers, Microsoft Office, Google Suite (Mail, Docs, Drive, Calendar) and website content management systems
- Preferably some familiarity with tools such as ASANA, Basecamp 3, Shopify and customer database systems
- Digital photography skills are a plus
POSITION TYPE: C Employee (year round)
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
SALARY RANGE: 40,000 – 55,000
SUPERVISOR: Director of Marketing and EventsTo Apply: https://govalor.com/work-at-valor/?p=jobokyHhfwA