Lead Pastor – Antelope Springs Church
The congregation of Antelope Springs Church is prayerfully seeking a senior pastor. We are a congregation of approximately 120, including both members and regular attendees. We are part of the Northern California Association of North American Baptist churches.
Our mission: Love God and others, live compassionately, teach our world to follow Jesus.
Primary function: Connecting as a church family and worshiping God together.
The pastor will provide for the spiritual direction and leadership of the church; he will eagerly and prayerfully guide the congregation in worship and spiritual growth in partnership with elders and leaders; he will encourage the development of the various ministries and help plan, organize, and evaluate the total program of the church.
The pastor will provide biblical teaching and preaching; he will prepare and deliver sermons; he will assist with facilitating Bible studies, and small groups; he will communicate the mission and vision that God gives to the church.
The pastor will provide or oversee shepherding, pastoral care, and counseling to the church family; he will help to develop leaders and disciple followers of Jesus Christ.
The pastor will lead the church in evangelistic outreach and involvement with the local and global community.
The pastor will serve as the administrator of the ministry staff, both volunteer and paid; he will oversee the proper administration of the policies and procedures of the church; he will be an active member of the elder board and provide counsel to the deacons and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities; he will collaborate with and actively support the North American Baptist Conference.
The pastor is expected to live the life of a 1 Timothy 3:1–7 leader to the best of his ability.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required / master’s of divinity degree desired from accredited institutions
- Minimum five years of church ministry leadership
- Meet all the qualifications of an elder as identified in Scripture (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1)
- Be intentional about ongoing personal spiritual development and model that for the congregation
- Agree with and adhere to the NAB Statement of Beliefs and Code of Ministerial Ethics.
Roseville, California, is located on the southwestern edge of Placer County bordering Sacramento County and the unincorporated community of Antelope, 16 miles northeast of Sacramento, the state capitol. Roseville has a population of 145,163 and is growing rapidly. Antelope Springs Church is located right on the border of these two counties in an area in which new homes and communities are being built. Antelope Springs Church has a ten-acre property that houses the church building, a community garden, an airsoft field, and a clothing ministry.
How to Apply:
Provide the following documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume (include all experience)
- Copy of your ordination certification, if ordained
- Please share 3 links to your recent sermons
- Three written spiritual references (one must be from a senior pastor and another from a church official at minimum)
- Must agree to a background and credit check