Community Bible Church (Central City, NE) – Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Community Bible Church (centralcitycommunitybible.org)(150) is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor to preach the Word of God, shepherd the church and impact the community for the glory of God.
- CBC has about 150 people attending with an average attendance of about 110.
- We have 12 young families with 40 children at home, 9 of whom are Jr-Sr High age.
- Central City is a rural community located along the Platte River. Our church is made up of farmers and ranchers, teachers and professional, young to retired families.
- Our AWANA program with about 30 kids participating.
- Our Jr & Sr High Youth group has been ministering to about 15 young people.
- Central City Public School www.centralcityschoolsne.org, as well as Nebraska Christian Schools K-12 www.nebraskchristian.org, serves our community. We have children attending both schools.
- Central City has a population of about 3,000. Located 25 miles east of Grand Island which has a population of 50,000.
- Our church enjoys a blended worship style.
- We are a part of the Berean Fellowship of Churches. www.weareberean.org.
- Leading and shepherding the Church in spiritual growth and disciple development.
- Preaching and teaching the Word of God with an emphasis on exposition of Scripture.
- Help develop our Discipleship and Life (small) group ministry.
- Provide leadership in outreach community and surrounding area.
- Be involved in the life of the Youth and Church families as time and opportunity allow.
- Be available to counsel and mentor members of the Church family and community.
- Teach adult or youth Sunday School classes as desired or needed.
- Meet monthly with the Elders at their regular meetings.
- A man who is growing in the qualifications of an Elder in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Demonstrates a life of godly character (along with his wife, if married) and has the heart of a shepherd.
- Bible College or Seminary training is preferred.
- In agreement with the Doctrinal Statement and Constitution of Community Bible Church.
- Demonstrates a firm grasp of biblical principles and is able to effectively teach the Word of God to a variety of age groups.
- Possesses effective communication skills and can connect with individuals from a diverse range of ages and backgrounds.
- Able to fulfill Senior Pastor responsibilities.
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Community Bible Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor of Community Bible Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Community Bible Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to Jason@No-FeePastorSearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorseach.com