Lead Pastor and Head of Staff
This position requires an individual with a high leadership quotient and organizational aptitude who can build on the past while courageously navigating into the future. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a humble confidence, a
contagious love for Jesus and be able to thrive in a complex and demanding environment. This leader will be gifted in collaborative leadership and transformational teaching. A commitment to the reformed tradition and a sense of
generous orthodoxy is a must.
Preaching & Teaching – Nurture spiritual development, assure doctrinal integrity and deliver challenging and inviting Biblical messages.
Leading & Shepherding – Foster a culture of discipleship and leadership development in the church through personal example and training.
Vision & Strategy – In collaboration with the staff and Session, give leadership in setting the vision for the church and its ministries. Take the lead in strategic
planning for the future.
- Church Mission: Our Mission is to Love God, Love People, and Make Disciples of
- Church Vision: Our Mission is fulfilled when people Hear God’s Message, Respond
from the Heart, Grow in Faith, and Serve with Love.
- Ministry Area: Church wide. Executive level with direct reports. Reports to Session
- Position Purpose: As the primary leader, shepherd and visionary for the church, the purpose of this position is to shape and drive BPC’s culture forward in a way that builds on its rich legacy and heritage and guides the church faithfully into Bonhomme’s next season of ministry and beyond.
- Poise – Confident yet humble leader able to share the spotlight and ministry responsibilities and demonstrates healthy boundaries.
- Heart of a Shepherd – Approachable and relational leader, with a thirst and gift for unity and healing. At the same time, a shepherd is a warrior willing to
battle for and protect the sheep.
- Communicator – The ability to winsomely communicate vision, theology, and the Bible, to groups of all ages building vibrant momentum that encourages
- Strategic Enabler – The ability to craft the necessary leadership structures to build up and expand the work of the church for the growth and effectiveness of its ministry.
- Collaborator – The ability to authentically, effectively, and enthusiastically work with the Session and others to advance the mission of the church.
- High Emotional Quotient – Effective in working with others with great love, maturity, and transparency, including the giftedness needed to draw people beyond their spiritual comfort zone and an awareness of and ability to engage with different cultures.
- Maintains a vibrant life as a faithful and growing disciple of Jesus
- Earned an M. Div. or equivalent
- ECO-ordained or ordainable
- Has worked closely and successfully with a Session or equivalent
- Has successfully taught/preached to a stable or growing body of hearers for a period of several months
- Understands financial statements and has successfully controlled an organizational budget at least three (3) years
- Has successfully led (managing, coaching, hiring and evaluating) a multiperson ministry staff at least five (5) years
- It is desired that the candidate has served successfully as Senior Pastor or Teaching Pastor
- It is desired that the candidate has had success in growing a church