Sibley Presbyterian Church (Sibley, IA) – Pastor/Head of Staff
The Big Picture
Sibley Presbyterian Church (sibleypresby.church) is seeking a Pastor/Head of Staff
Contract Position Title: Pastor/Head of Staff
- Overview: The Pastor/Head of Staff works in conjunction with the Youth Pastor/Pastor’s Assistant and Administrative Assistant and shall be responsible for the overall shepherding, management, & spiritual leadership of the congregation.
- Responsibilities Specific to Sibley Presbyterian Church
- Weekly Preaching: the pastor should be an effective preacher who is able to rightly handle the word of God and preach expository sermons.
- Plan, lead, and preach at special services including, but not limited to, Maundy Thursday, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, & Ash Wednesday.
- Serve as Head of Staff & Moderator of Session.
- Staff includes FT Youth Minister/Pastor’s Assistant, FT Administrative Assistant, & PT custodian.
- Session Members
- Hold regular office hours at the church building.
- Attend First Presbyterian Church Sibley’s Sunday services (if married, with spouse and family), ensuring availability for any needs that arise and to model worship.
- Counseling for all ages of individuals, pre-marital couples, and married couples.
- Be a shepherd to the congregation including participating in visitation & delivering sacraments to shut-ins, nursing home residents, & hospitalized.
- Build and maintain relationships within the congregation and community.
- Seek to be involved in Osceola County Ministerial Association (OCMA), mutually encouraging, strengthening and being in relationship with other church pastors within the community. Supporting and promoting the annual Passion Play.
- Moderate, train, and provide spiritual leadership to the Session
- Meet weekly with the Youth Pastor/Pastor’s Assistant to discuss activities of the ministry, coordinate, give encouragement, and pray for the church and its ministries.
- Complete background check.
- Godly Character
- Meet the spiritual, personal, and character qualifications of an elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9 and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22-23.
- Model servant leadership
- Be a minster of prayer and the Word, sensitive to what the Spirit is saying to First Presbyterian Church Sibley, devoted to daily prayer and Bible reading for the sake of guarding from sin & stirring up a renewed passion for Christ in heart and mind.
- Seek to undertake pastoral duties in the power of the Holy Spirit, undergirded with prayer, guided by the Scriptures, and manifesting the character of Christ for the glory of God.
- Confess and enjoys Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Holds the Bible as the inspired word of God.
- Personable with evangelistic vision.
- Godly Character
- Academic & Denominational
- Has earned a Master of Divinity degree with a thorough understanding and agreement to Reformed Theology.
- Possess excellent written and oral communications with organizational ability.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner as a church representative.
- Adherence to the Essential Tenants of ECO, ECO’s creeds, and doctrines. https://eco-pres.org/wp- content/uploads/ECO-CONSTITUTION.pdf
- Be (or become) an ordained ECO pastor.
- Exhibits sound, servant leadership skills, effective conflict resolution, & reconciliation strategies.
- Relational—the Pastor should have a heart to care for people. That drive should manifest itself in the appropriate use of time.
- Communication—the Pastor should be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and in a loving and biblical manner.
- Peacemaking—the Pastor should be able to tactfully and winsomely unite people with varying perspectives to advance harmony and love, and to achieve common goals.
- Academic & Denominational
- Employment Status: Full-time.
- Evaluated by: Probational 90 day Performance Review conducted by Personnel Committee. Annual Performance Reviews thereafter.
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Housing type: Manse, utilities paid.
- Cash Salary – dependent upon experience and education
- Health Insurance for individual or family
- Work Location: First Presbyterian Church, 601 6th Avenue, Sibley, Iowa 51249
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Sibley Presbyterian Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Sibley Presbyterian Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the Statement of Faith of Sibley Presbyterian Church and the ECO?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to Jason@LancasterSearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorseach.com