Position Description of Lead Pastor of Weymouth Community Church
The lead pastor will be a man who will serve on the Weymouth Community Church elder team as one of the spiritual leaders with a heart for God’s word and a passion to show scriptural relevance to life issues as faced by all generations. This compensated full-time position requires leadership for the equipping and engaging of the body for service.
A man who:
- Meets the elder scriptural qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Is a multiplier who focuses on making disciples.
- Is a team player who encourages and mentors others.
- Is a mature Christian who continues to grow in his relationship with Christ.
- Has formal education in the area of biblical instruction from a Bible college, university, or seminary.
- Is well studied and a student of the Word of God, being able to rightly handle the Word of Truth.
- Is a forward thinker willing to introduce effective ministry models.
- Demonstrates and promotes our stated mission, vision, and values.
- Handles conflict in a healthy, biblical manner.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Is in full agreement with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Weymouth Community Church.
- To God, the elder team, and the members of the Weymouth Community Church
Duties & Responsibilities
- To conduct the regular spiritual services of Weymouth Community Church and to exercise a spiritual watch care as an under shepherd.
- To preach on the Lord’s Day and help administer baptisms and communion.
- To carry out the spiritual responsibilities of an elder of Weymouth Community Church as detailed in 1 Peter 5:1-4 and Acts 20:28-31.
- To provide leadership for greater spiritual growth.
- To provide oversight to specific ministry teams and to staff/pastoral staff in coordination with the elder team.
- To provide and mentor pastoral care, such as: investing time in members’ lives, counseling (including pre-marital), prayer, weddings and funerals.
- To encourage, cultivate, and promote an atmosphere to grow/develop a healthy team of elders, staff/pastoral staff, team ministry leaders, and ministry teams.
- To work closely with the worship team leaders as they plan and prepare for each Sunday morning and all special services throughout the year.
Our 2022 Directives
- Working toward greater unity within our community of believers
- Creating more efficient communication among elders, teams, and team leaders and members
- Producing tools to help convey who Weymouth Community Church is to the community at large
- Digging deeper into the spiritual discipline of evangelism