Lookout Mountain Community Church
Lead Pastor Position Description
LOMCC is a small EPC church that holds services in Evergreen Colorado. We currently meet in a school setting with a committed, active and praying congregation. We are seeking a mature, dynamic pastor with a vision for growing our congregation.
Qualifications: The Lead Pastor should:
- Be a committed and mature follower of Jesus Christ with a consistent and deep life of prayer and time spent in God’s Word, who is continually growing and developing in personal faith.
- Be a skilled and passionate preacher / teacher of God’s Word.
- Possess the pastoral ability required to motivate and guide members toward a closer walk with Christ.
- Be an able administrator, capable of overseeing the primary functional areas of church operations.
- Hold a Master of Divinity Degree or equivalent from an accredited and biblically based seminary.
- Be ordained within the EPC or be willing and able to qualify for EPC ordination.
Responsibilities: The Lead Pastor will:
- Work with the Session to refine LOMCC’s mission and vision and then create and implement a strategy to achieve it.
- Plan and oversee the Church year calendar including Sunday services, along with Christmas and Easter services, etc. with, the support of the Session.
- Faithfully and effectively preach the Word of God, delivering 40-45 Sunday sermons per year with the existing Congregational Care Pastor and guest speakers filling in for the remaining Sundays of the year.
- Lead the small church staff, moderate Session meetings, address congregational needs with the Deacons, and be available for members / attenders who may need encouragement, counseling and spiritual support.
Those qualified and interested in applying for the LOMCC Lead Pastor role should email a letter of application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOMCC Pastoral Search Committee
To Apply: email@example.com