Hillside Bible Church (Ortonville, MI) – Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Hillside Bible Church (hillsidebible.org) is a spiritually healthy, small to medium sized church in a suburban/rural environment in southeast Michigan seeking a Senior Pastor.
Hillside Bible church’s purpose is to glorify God by bringing people to life in Jesus. Our objective is to be a center of spiritual discovery, development and deployment; to further Christ’s kingdom by reaching people with His Gospel message. We then teach believers how to become like Christ.
We are real people. Diverse people. Authentic people. You would be welcomed here by a kind, supportive, practical church family, blessed to call you a new friend. The Hillside Bible church members and regular attenders serve each other well, and try hard to meet the needs of our community with outreach events, and several ministries that directly support the practical and spiritual needs of young parents and people in recovery. We support missionaries both local and global. We value our children, youth and young adults, knowing they are the future of this church and need equipping for life and service.
Leaving room for God’s plan in our church, we are aware that our current senior pastor is starting to consider retirement, so we are currently seeking our next senior pastor, a wise and humble leader (Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4 )
As our pastor, you would have the opportunity to:
- invest your passion and energy in areas of strength and interest
- identify, develop and support our paid staff, and volunteer ministry leaders
- serve alongside the deacons; help cast the vision for our church as well as oversee its implementation
- minister to families, grow them and grow with them
- mentor, counsel, teach and preach
We envision a senior pastor who:
- is a born-again believer who aligns with our church’s doctrine
- possesses a godly and faithful character that demonstrates the spirit-filled walk of a child of God. (1 Corinthians 4:1-2, Galatians 5:22, Ephesians 5:18, 1 Timothy 4:12)
- provides a clear testimony of a personal ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ as savior and Lord
- models a dependence on God through prayer and Bible reading
- senses a call from God into ministry, and is committed to caring for and discipling unbelievers and believers
- has a high view of scripture and is adept at applying it when counseling, encouraging and mentoring others
- believes in the biblical definition of marriage, strongly values marriage and family
- is well-trained in the handling of the word of God – master’s degree preferred; divinity, theology or related studies
- demonstrates availability, compassion, common sense and superior communication skills, including listening ability
- has extensive and diverse ministry experience with a heart for young people
- is capable of delegating various levels of responsibility and tasks to members of the congregation
- exhibits energy and enthusiasm for the community surrounding the church; reaching the lost, serving neighbors
- is a life-long learner who desires to develop personally and professionally
- a salary range of $55 – 70,000 including benefits
- vacation, personal time off, etc.
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Hillside Bible Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor at Hillside Bible Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the Statement of Faith of Hillside Bible Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to Jason@no-feepastorsearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorseach.com