WELLSPRING COMMUNITY CHURCH JOB DESCRIPTION
Affiliation: Converge movement of churches
Weekly attendance: 80 – 100
Position: Lead Pastor
- Full -Time, Salary with Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience and regional averages
Hartford, Wisconsin is nestled in the rolling hills of the scenic Kettle Moraine, perfectly blending outdoor beauty with a vibrant, dynamic community for residents and visitors alike. Hartford is a growing community of over 15,000 with an exceptional quality of life. Our community offers top-notch education, a skilled work force and an abundance of attractions and events. Hartford offers small-town family friendly living within 30 miles fun family festivals, Wisconsin State Fair, professional sport teams and a major airport in Milwaukee.
About Wellspring Community Church:
Wellspring Community Church is a Bible based, Christ centered, and Elder-led church. We have diverse community of people that spans the generations. WCC is a family of friendly, warm-hearted people who have experienced the grace of God and want to see others come to faith and grow in that faith.
WCC’s mission is to lead people to a life changing, ever-growing relationship with Jesus and it’s a driving force behind everything we do.
About this role
- WCC wants to make a lasting difference in your life, in our community and in the world.
- The Lead Pastor position will have an emphasis on vision casting, leadership development, and equipping the church to reach the next generation.
- WCC has a committed core membership waiting for the next Lead Pastor to spark fresh vision as WCC moves into the next decade.
- WCC is in the middle of a vast number of unreached people that need to hear the good news of Jesus.
- If you’re a relational Leader, this is tremendous opportunity to reach others where they are and grow a healthy church.
- WCC is not looking to hire a role player, but a game changer and we might be looking to hire you.
- Consistent biblical preaching and teaching for weekly worship that inspires hope.
- Teaching scriptural truths through effective, inspiring, challenging, and culturally relevant communication.
- Collaborate in planning the worship experience to provide vibrant worship across multiple generations
- Leading by example and equipping the congregation for community outreach and evangelism.
- Reaching and engaging young families while nurturing the previous generation through healthy relationships.
- Developing the next generation of leaders for the church.
- In partnership with the Elder Team, establish goals and strategies that carry out the vision and direction of the church.
- Establish and organize pastoral care within the congregation.
- Agree to Wellspring Community Church’s statement of beliefs and mission.
- Biblical school degree or other non-traditional ministry training
- 2 years of ministry experience
- Desire to grow and learn in leadership
- Ability to create and execute vision and mission
- Effective communicator
- Able to lead and equip others for ministry
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Good time management skills
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately and sensitively
- A strong commitment to a team-approach ministry
- A healthy marriage and family relationships
- Personal integrity
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Proficient with technology
- Good sense of humor
While not specifically related to the job, here are some personal responsibilities of everyone on staff at Wellspring Community Church:
- Maintain a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Maintain a healthy marriage and family.
- Invest 10% of your income toward the mission and vision of Wellspring Community Church.
- Be loyal to the vision of Wellspring Community Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
- Invite the lost to know Jesus and attend to Wellspring Community Church.
- Flexibility of work arrangements.
- Health and life insurance benefits.
- Generous and immediate time off.
- Casual dress code
- Professional development funds
When applying please include
- Resume, personal references, ministry references, and doctrinal statement.
- A preaching video
- A 2-3 minute video of you introducing yourself, sharing your vision of your ideal church and a fun fact about yourself and your family.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgTo Apply: email@example.com