Lead / Senior Pastor
New Life Lutheran Church
702 W Lynn Blvd
Sterling IL 61081
Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC)
If you feel called to serve in the position described below, please contact Gary Sandrock at:
Cell #: 815-535-1958
Lead Pastor Call to Serve by Transforming Hearts and Transforming Lives
When you ask what we do at New Life Lutheran Church, it won’t be only a job description, you will hear our story. Ours is a unique story as we are a congregation that was built by the members. We are passionate about using our talents for God’s purpose and for helping our community to become followers of Christ.
New Life Lutheran is a healthy, vibrant, growing Lutheran church located in Sterling, Illinois in the heart of the Sauk Valley. We pride ourselves in being a church that is willing to do anything it takes to reach people with the good news of Jesus Christ to bring his transformation into their lives and into the lives of everyone that God has intentionally placed in their path.
Over the last number of years, God has richly blessed our church’s ministry, and now it is time to seek out our next Lead Pastor. We are looking for a candidate who lives our core values of biblically and missionally based Lutheranism, an openness to innovation to reach more and more people for the cause of Christ, a strong desire for excellence in their craft to honor God, and a heart for relational ministry as we equip the saints for service.
New Life affirms that this position is a calling and not only a job. The candidate we’re looking for will affirm this also
· We understand that the call to serve is fluid based on God’s vision for our congregation and is open to growth and development. We aspire to allow for the strengths and the gifts of the new lead pastor called to serve to be able to shepherd in their own unique manner.
Lead Pastor Responsibilities:
· Develop a Sermon Series or following a lectionary to produce transformative Law and Gospel sermons that apply to the everyday lives of everyday people. This includes communicating as the primary preacher during worship services in partnership with other pastoral staff.
· Lead, inspire and develop staff to use their gifts to promote God’s Kingdom. The current staff is young and energetic and we are looking to expand as our congregation’s needs are growing. Balance of leadership and being a shepherd in this area is optimal.
· Work closely with Leadership team to help New Life move forward in our transformative mission and vision
· Share in the responsibilities of counseling members, baptizing and performing weddings and funerals
· Review staff with the leadership team regarding performance, job description refinement and raise proposals
· Refine the financial allocations of the church
Lead Pastor Qualifications:
· Master of Divinity or equivalent and LCMC certification or willingness to become certified within an agreed upon time period
· Meet the biblical qualifications of a pastor (1 Timothy 3:2-7) and believe the Bible is the inspired and authoritative word of God
· Able to communicate effectively with staff, congregation, and community
· Gifted by God to fulfill his leadership role while seeking to equip the saints for service (Ephesians 4:11-12)
· Deeply love God and sincerely cultivate their relationship with the Lord (Matthew 22: 37-39)
· Has a strong vision for discipleship and a demonstrated ability to teach the word to reach and connect people to Christ.
· Experience in leading others
· Affirm New Life Lutheran Statement of Faith and live out its vision and mission
· Ability to cast a vision for the church and see it come to reality
Total Compensation Package
· Insurance (Health, Life, Dental)
· Continuing Education
· $75,000 to $125,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2222To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2222