Lead Teaching Pastor
>> Apply HERE! <<
Weekly Attendance: 2000
Location: Murrysville, Pennsylvania
The Role: Teaching, Young Adult and Discipleship Pastor
Meet Cornerstone Ministries:
Cornerstone Ministries is a community and mission-minded church founded in 1988. We are best known for our strengths in multi-generational longevity. Our goal is to introduce people to Christ and then watch them grow spiritually, mentally, and emotionally in a positive manner. It’s okay to be a work in progress – we all are. It is our prayer that at Cornerstone, you’ll discover the healing, hope, and restoration that comes from knowing Jesus. He truly changes everything!
The environment at Cornerstone is casual, just come as you are. We care a lot more about you than about the clothes you wear. During every service, you’ll hear live, contemporary worship music and a relevant message based on Scripture.
About the Teaching, Young Adult, and Discipleship Pastor:
The Teaching, Young Adult, and Discipleship Pastor is responsible for planning, administering, coordinating, supervising, and evaluating comprehensive discipleship for the Adult and Young Adults at Cornerstone. Discipleship and outreach activities are focused on adult congregants while the Young Adult Ministry covers various groups of adults including post-high school, college-age, and post-college. The Teaching, Young Adult, and Discipleship Pastor also provides supervision, direction, and guidance to the Administrative Assistant.
The Teaching, Young Adult, and Discipleship Pastor Responsibilities Include:
- Provide servant leadership in helping to support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values, and goals of the church.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Christian living, espouse a Christian philosophy of life, and belief in the Christian Church and her teachings in accordance with Cornerstone’s stated policies and beliefs.
- Assist others to cultivate intimacy with God and growth in Christ-like character through personal and corporate disciplines.
- Assist in conveying Cornerstone’s message and carry out its mission to lead others toward Christian maturity.
Discipleship/Young Adult Pastor Responsibilities
- Recommend and implement the vision and goals of Cornerstone Ministries’ discipleship efforts under the leadership of the Senior Pastor.
- Be prepared to teach as needed in the Senior Pastor’s absence.
- Plan, administer, coordinate, supervise and evaluate the comprehensive Discipleship and Young Adult Ministries.
- Lead efforts related to discipleship/Christian education to meet the spiritual growth needs of the congregation, including:
- Developing a systematic and effective effort to assist people in their personal spiritual development.
- Providing individualized care, counseling, spiritual direction, and discipleship to the congregation.
- Developing a systematic and effective effort to generate interest in the Discipleship/Young Adult Ministries.
- Scheduling, planning, and coordinating large group meetings, retreats, trips, camps, etc.
- Developing leadership teams and providing opportunities to serve.
- Ensuring a system is in place to support leaders and to track participation in ministries.
- Developing and implementing leadership training and coordinating resources for the Discipleship/Young Adult ministries.
- Recommending and implementing changes to increase ministry effectiveness.
- Equip, recruit, train, support, lead and value volunteers to serve in the above ministries.
- Develop systems to equip volunteers. Continually monitor opportunities to involve volunteers in ministry functions.
- Develop a clear process for welcoming, equipping, and utilizing volunteer teams.
- Engage in professional development opportunities by attending workshops, seminars, and other churches at least once per year.
- Develop the annual ministry budget.
- Adhere to financial guidelines and approved budget.
Executive Staff Responsibilities
- Provide ministry reports as requested.
- Provide Pastoral Care to the congregation as a member of the pastoral team.
- Attend Executive staff meetings to facilitate communications, provide supporting activities, engage in tactical decisions, and provide input into strategic decisions.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Senior Pastor.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Master’s of Divinity or similar theological training is required.
- 5-10 years of ministry experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong speaking/teaching skills.
- Ability to meet prescribed goals as established by the church.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple people with grace and enthusiasm.
- Excellent leadership skills relating to pastoral staff, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to be a Safe Place for Kids Cleared Adults.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Model the highest Christian virtues and personal decorum. (1 Timothy 4:12).
- An active member of Cornerstone Ministries.
- Commitment to support the church leadership and staff.
- A self-motivating attitude.
- Emotionally and mentally stable and mature.
- Possesses integrity.
What it’s Like to Live in Murrysville, Pennsylvania:
Murrysville, Pennsylvania, located about 30 minutes from Pittsburgh, is a great little place to settle down in. It is a quiet, small, and very family-friendly community. Murrysville is surrounded by forests, making it a beautiful area to explore with various parks and hiking trails.
If you are looking for a little more activity, a quick drive to the big city of Pittsburgh, where you can always find big sporting events as well as plenty to do downtown. Pittsburgh is full of fine dining, trendy shops, parks, plazas, and art museums. These are some of the reasons that Murrysville, Pennsylvania will make a wonderful home. You can enjoy the calm solitude of the small town while still being so close to the energy of the big city. Murrysville provides a perfect middle ground and offers everything you could ever need.
>> Apply HERE! <<To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org