Hiring Licensed Counselors!
DT Counseling, Inc. is a small but growing private therapy practice located in Littleton, Colorado that specializes in treating trauma and PTSD. Our trauma-informed approaches can be implemented with a wide range of mental health conditions and ages. DT Counseling strives for the provision of quality care at all times. We meet clients where they’re at, recognizing the utmost importance of the therapeutic relationship in client progress. We aim to help them gain a better understanding and acceptance of themselves and their internal experience. We join them in their journey to heal from the adversities and traumas that have inevitably impacted their current functioning and quality of life. We value our clients being able to thrive rather than just survive. DT Counseling also values accessibility to quality mental health care, and as such, chooses to accept health insurance. Check out www.dt-counseling.com for more information about our practice!
We are interested in experienced, self-motivated therapists who are willing to see at least 15 clients per week. We offer competitive compensation that is percentage based on income earned. We also offer opportunities for increases in compensation. Our therapists can earn between approximately $45,000 and $80,000 a year depending on number of clients seen each week. Our therapists have the freedom to create their own schedules within the limits of office availability. We value our therapists’ dedication to their clients and clinical work, so DT Counseling assumes responsibility for all client billing and insurance issues. Opportunities to connect with other therapists and enhance clinical skills are offered via regular consultation meetings and CE trainings.
Therapist Job Responsibilities
- Completes necessary tasks required for contracting with insurance companies such as creating or updating CAQH profile, obtaining an Individual NPI number (Type 1), and providing information required for contracting
- Carries malpractice insurance
- Creates a bio for the practice website
- Contacts new clients to gather demographic and insurance information and schedule initial appointments
- Provides clients with a method of communication that allows direct contact with therapist
- Establishes positive, trusting rapport with clients
- Completes mental health assessments including diagnosis of mental health disorders
- Coordinates with clients to develop individualized treatment plans
- Meets with clients regularly to provide counseling that is in line with client treatment goals and objectives and conducts ongoing assessment of client progress
- Involves and advises family members when appropriate
- Refers clients to outside specialists or agencies when necessary
- Maintains timely and accurate progress notes in TherapyNotes
- Completes termination notes when treatment ends
- Follows all safety protocols and maintains client confidentiality within legal limits
Work Hours & Benefits
Therapists will be expected to see a minimum of 15 clients per week and must be willing to see clients in-person and via telehealth depending on client preference. Therapists are expected to supply/use their own computer, but a printer and office furniture will be supplied including a locking file cabinet for client records. There is a spacious waiting room for clients and a kitchen with microwave and refrigerator for therapist break/mealtimes. Internet is also be provided in the office.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Ability to communicate directly but with compassion and empathy
- Strong ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Independent and self-motivated while open to consultation and collaboration with other therapists in the practice
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field
- Current with all state licensing requirements including LPC, LCSW, LMFT, and PsyD
- 5+ years of experience providing individual, couples, and/or family therapy
- Preferred training and experience with trauma-informed approaches such as EMDR, IFS, Brainspotting, etc.