Counseling - Licensure required
Licensed Masters-Level Therapist
Licensed Master’s-Level Therapist Job Description
Have you always wanted to work in a private practice setting, but were overwhelmed by the idea of starting your own business or working alone? Do you want to work with a group of individuals focused on client-care and social justice in the local community?
Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center is looking for a licensed or soon-to-be-licensed master’s-level psychotherapist who will bring a unique perspective to our staff and shares our values of compassion, belonging, humility, and excellence. We are always looking to expand our ability to help the diverse range of individuals, including those in underserved and marginalized communities, and we value new perspectives and experience within our staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates with diverse or marginalized identities. Join our values-driven, supportive team!
About the Position
Our Licensed Master’s-Level Therapist positions provide the opportunity to work in a private practice setting, engage in long-term psychotherapeutic work, and to create a professional home. After many years of learning, growing, training, and moving, Licensed Master’s-Level Therapists are able to settle in with a welcoming, close team of coworkers in an established and highly-respected practice.
Licensed Master’s-Level Therapist will provide therapy services for clients with eating disorders and general mental health concerns including depression, anxiety, trauma, and relational concerns. Though you will work with general mental health concerns, willingness to work with eating disorders is required.
Licensed Master’s-Level Therapists engage in supervision only during onboarding and once quarterly with the Director. Licensed Psychologists also attend weekly staff meetings for case consults, and are offered additional training opportunities such as eating disorder didactic seminar, assessment didactic seminar, and social justice and professional development trainings when relevant. Supervision for eating disorder cases counts toward application for Certified Eating Disorders Specialist if candidate desires.
When you start this position, you will begin part-time as credentialing with insurance is completed, working up to full-time. Full caseload is anticipated within 3 months of start date. Most staff reach full caseload within 6 weeks. If licensed already, insurance credentialing can be completed while you work at your current job, enabling you to start at CTAC already on insurance panels and ready to accept those referrals. We are fortunate to have a high volume of new patient referrals and are able to quickly fill your caseload pending insurance credentialing. Due to our high referral volume, once you reach a full caseload, you will be able to stay full. Please note, pay is hourly based on client contact hours- this is not a salaried position.
Our streamlined system and administrative support ensure that you can show up, meet with clients, write your notes, and go home to take good care of yourself and enjoy your loved ones.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate at CTAC is someone who values a blend of collaborative and independent work. They value social justice in access to care and are truly passionate about meeting clients where they are at. Our ideal candidate will bring fresh perspectives and new knowledge to our staff and our clinic to help us continue to grow and develop.
About Our Practice
Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center is a growing, multi-site outpatient treatment center with locations in beautiful Denver and Westminster, CO. Our team consists of licensed psychologists, postdoctoral residents, and doctoral externs. Most CTAC postdoctoral residents continue on at CTAC in licensed, full-time positions.
CTAC aims to provide a warm, supportive, family-like feel while respecting professional boundaries. We’re a close-knit group who genuinely like each other and value teamwork. CTAC employees choose CTAC for its truly open-door policy, collaborative work environment, and team approach to clinical work. Our team members genuinely like each other and enjoy working at CTAC! We work collaboratively as a team, referring within the practice and meeting weekly as a staff.
CTAC is an insurance-based practice. We accept most major insurances, including Medicaid. We deeply value offering in-network insurance options to our clients and see accepting insurance as a vital way of doing social justice to best serve the community. We strongly believe that access to affordable and quality care is an essential aspect of equity for all and are seeking candidates who feel the same. This job is best suited for someone who wants to have an impact on the community but wants the flexibility, support, and reduced stress of a private practice setting.
CTAC provides the following services:
- Individual therapy
- Specialized Eating Disorder therapy
- Group therapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Psychological Assessments for: ADHD, Learning Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and comprehensive batteries with cognitive, achievement and objective personality measures
- Training and Supervision of Advanced Doctoral students from local Counseling Psychology Ph.D. and Clinical Psychology Psy.D. programs; Training and supervision of Predoctoral Psychology Interns.
CTAC offers specialty services to clients with eating disorders as well as general mental health concerns such as anxiety, depression, relationship concerns, mood disorders, and trauma/PTSD.
CTAC values integrative therapeutic work, emphasizing IPT (Interpersonal) and psychodynamic approaches, feminist/multicultural, as well as CBT, DBT, and ACT as skills work is needed.
- Health Benefits including Medical insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work schedule with both remote and in-person opportunities
- Roth and Traditional 401k accounts with 3-5% company match.
- Competitive, weekly pay. Position is compensated higher than community mental health and most university counseling centers in the area.
- No on-call or crisis services
- Flexible schedule with weekday hours, with the option of working some report writing hours from home.
- All billing/payment, scheduling, and administrative tasks completed for you with ongoing admin support.
- Insurance credentialing provided.
- Professional liability insurance provided.
- Supervision hours that count toward CEDS designation for Eating Disorder Specialists
- Completely furnished office in an upgraded suite ready for you to make it your own
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Genuine compassion and passion for working directly with clients.
- Spirit of service toward clients, the clinic, and the community
- Clinical excellence- sharp diagnostic skills, advanced therapeutic skills
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including assertive communication.
- Interest in strong professional relationships with fellow team members
- Ongoing commitment to cultural humility and multiculturally-informed work
- · Master’s degree from accredited program in clinical psychology, counseling psychology, clinical mental health, social work, or other applicable field.
· Licensed in Colorado at the Master’s level before start date; License such as Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor or other applicable license.
- Experience working with eating disorders, particularly at higher levels of care.
- Experience working with eating disorders; additional training/coursework in eating disorders.
If you’re searching for fulfilling work, meaningful relationships, and expert training all while embodying a heart for service, make sure to check out the position that applies to your needs.To Apply: Dr. Janean Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-515-4244