Administrative and Clerical
Littleton Library Archivist
We are seeking an archivist with strong organizational skills and a heart for service. We would like this person to have experience or training as an archivist, or similar role.
The OMF (U.S.) Missionplex in Littleton, Colorado, hosts many historical materials (books, magazines, photos and memorabilia) documenting the work OMF has done in East Asia in the past 150 years. The OMF (U.S.) Archivist oversees and facilitates the preservation, identification and organization of these materials. As able, the OMF (U.S.) Archivist also responds to questions and requests for historical information on CIM/OMF. This position involves working closely with the OMF International Archivist (based in Singapore), the OMF (U.S.) Librarian and other OMF volunteers who desire to assist with archiving.
Preserve and Maintain Historical Materials
- Restore and reassemble bound volumes of CIM/OMF periodicals, some dating over 140 years old.
- Find ways to restore and preserve photos and memorabilia.
- As appropriate, assist in sending CIM/OMF Archives to the Billy Graham Center in Wheaton, IL for preservation.
- Offer ideas of how to utilize what we have to promote the ministries of OMF.
- Research memorabilia for accurate identification and labeling.
- As able, respond to inquiries from staff members, scholars and the OMF website about historical materials.
Organize Current and Historical Materials in the Missionplex
- Work with the OMF (U.S.) Librarian to organize and catalogue general interest and historical books using the Library of Congress system.
- Organize and catalogue all other historical materials in the Missionplex (including magazines, photos and memorabilia).
- Recommend appropriate action concerning the possession of particular materials: archiving, sharing, disposing etc.