Teaching Positions (non-pastor)
Love Justice School Curriculum Director/Teacher
About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization compelled by God’s love to fight the world’s greatest injustices. We fight injustice in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We currently work throughout Asia and Africa.
Position Type: Full Time; Support-Raised*; Overseas (South Asia)
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Overview: LJI operates 17 family homes for orphaned and abandoned children in South Asia. Our primary objective is to help these children become difference-makers in their nation. The Love Justice School, located in South Asia, plays a significant role in inspiring our students to become independent thinkers, adept problem solvers, and passionate difference makers in the world by preparing their hearts, minds, and souls through excellent education. This unique school has both Nepali and expat teachers, and aims to implement the most research-backed educational methods from around the world and even to strive for truly “kingdom class” education.
LJI is seeking a passionate educator to develop and improve curriculum for the Love Justice School, to train and empower local and expatriate teachers in Love Justice School curriculum standards, and to be a patient, caring leader in the classroom. This position is located in South Asia and reports to the Love Justice Partner School Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement curriculum for the Love Justice Schools K-12 classrooms
- Support and train local and foreign teachers on how to best implement newly-designed curriculum
- Assist with day-to-day organizational needs and enforcement of Love Justice School administrative policies
- Teach a class/classes at the Love Justice School in accordance to experience, expertise, educational background, and/or preference
- Other duties as assigned by the Love Justice Partner School Director
- Mature Christian faith
- Bachelors degree (preferably in education)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Logical reasoning and basic quantitative problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and willing to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- Teachable; willing to learn from others
- A strong passion for children’s development, children’s rights, and justice
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and working in cross-cultural contexts
- Teaching experience and overseas experience are preferred but not required
Work Environment and Requirements: Due to the nature of the work, candidates must be willing to commit to living overseas for a minimum of 2.5 years, and must also be willing to learn the language and culture. The Curriculum Director will take part in language learning and cultural orientation, and may be required to volunteer/teach at a local partner school prior to beginning at the Love Justice School.
Please apply on our Careers Page.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.To Apply: Please apply directly on our Careers Page: ww.lovejustice.ngo/careers