Spring Canyon Retreat and Conference Center (www.springcanyon.org), a ministry of Officers’ Christian Fellowship, is hiring for a full-time staff position: Maintenance Assistant. This position is available immediately, but ideally start no later than 1 June 2022. COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 25 MARCH 2022.
The Maintenance Assistant supervises summer staff and volunteers, and assists the Facilities and Maintenance Manager in planning, prioritizing, participating, supervising, and inspecting maintenance and improvements for facilities, grounds, and vehicles in a manner that provides a safe and comfortable environment for all staff and guests. Participates in the preparation and execution of the facility maintenance budget. Assists the Facilities and Maintenance Manager in planning and executing the preventive maintenance and safety inspection programs. Serves as a Drinking Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and Distribution/Collection System Operator, and ensures Spring Canyon complies with all state and federal regulations and is prepared for all inspections. This position requires a good working knowledge in several skill fields, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, carpentry and vehicle maintenance.
Spring Canyon is a retreat and conference center in Buena Vista, CO, about 120 miles west of Colorado Springs. Since 1962, Spring Canyon has served military families, couples, singles, and Christian groups from across the world as a “home away from home” for community and fellowship. It is nestled in the beautiful Collegiate Peaks on the edge of the famous Arkansas River Valley, and is a Christ-centered sanctuary for military families, groups and individuals, where the presence of God transforms lives. When guests drive down from the mountain after a retreat, our desire is that they are refreshed, equipped, and inspired to serve in the name of Jesus Christ, wherever God has called them.
What are we looking for?
- That a clear sense of God’s calling to this specific and sacrificial work will become manifest through the hiring process. This is the preeminent criteria and trumps all else below.
- A demonstrated strong and growing Christian faith and desire to be part of the Spring Canyon ministry.
- A passion to minister (possibly at all hours of the day) to guests through fixing broken “things,” facilities maintenance, construction, and renovation, equipment repair, plowing/shoveling snow, being a jack-of-all-trades, etc.
- Ideally, but not essentially, someone transitioned from military service, with a strong professional and spiritual reputation.
- Ideally, but not essentially, someone with a history in OCF and Spring Canyon or Christian camping/conference center ministry experience and leadership.
- Good working knowledge in several skill fields, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, carpentry and vehicle maintenance.
- Colorado Class S Water and Wastewater Professional certifications are a big plus. It is expected that the Assistant will obtain both certifications within the first six months of employment.
- View service at Spring Canyon as a ministry calling rather than just a job. Be totally invested in the vision and mission of OCF and Spring Canyon, and serve with a whole heart (1 Sam 12:24 and Col 3:23-24).
- Available soonest, but no late than 1 June 2022; financial freedom to work for ministry-level compensation, and a workable family situation.
- A reasonable expectation that the applicant can and will serve for at least 3-5 years.