Male Live-in Assistant Community Manager
Providence Network has been changing the trajectory of people’s lives in Denver, CO since 1988 by providing safe, loving, and growth-oriented homes where residents can heal from addiction, homelessness, and domestic violence. Our holistic approach fosters healing, engagement in supportive relationships, economic self-sufficiency, and discovery of personal agency.
We consider ourselves a spiritual family and enjoy a culture of meaningful connections where we learn, work, celebrate and play together!
Silver Lining House is a beautiful home in the Baker neighborhood of Denver that serves up to 13 young adult men. Residents may have aged out of foster care, have substance use issues, and mental health challenges.
As the live-in assistant community manager, you will experience the joy of witnessing true life transformation. You will be part of a team that uses an invitational and relational approach to foster a culture of family, belonging, and growth through individual resident mentoring & spiritual support, coordinating regular community meals and activities, and developing peer leaders.
- Assist with community engagement activities (meals, crafts, outings, and other interactive events)
- On-duty/on-call evening and weekend shifts to build community, check out medication, conduct drug/alcohol screenings, and address resident issues and needs.
- Uphold community rules and values, addressing resident non-compliance and growth barriers in creative and constructive ways
- Foster resident growth by supporting resident goal plans
- Collaborate with in-house case manager and clinical counselors
- Respond to emergency situations through thoughtful (often collaborative) crisis management
- Help care for the property with cleaning, yard work, apartment turnovers, and maintenance needs
- Engage in the greater PN community by attending meetings, training, special events, and maintaining positive connections with volunteers and donors
- Actively increase your knowledge and skills for serving our populations (reading, trainings…)
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Sense of calling to urban ministry and a mature, personal Christian faith
- Comfortable signing Providence Network’s Statement of Faith
- Compassionate and able to engage and motivate different personalities with various needs
- Enthusiasm for encouraging and supporting leaders and residents
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Prior work in a similar field is a plus
- Basic computer literacy and organization skills
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE: $46,000 – $54,000
- SALARY: $23,000 – $25,000
- FREE HOUSING VALUED AT $12,000-$16,000 Includes private studio OR bedroom with shared bath and onsite laundry, paid utilities, Internet, parking and some meals.
- BENEFITS VALUED AT $11,000-$13,000 includes employer-paid medical, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance. Retirement plan with 6% employer contribution. Wellness Stipend. Up to $50/month cell phone expense reimbursement. Optional employee-paid dental, flex spending, legal/identity protection and discounted personal insurance plans. 10 paid holidays and 16 PTO.