Administrative and Clerical
Manager – Office and Administration
Job Title: Manager – Office and Administration
Relationships: This job (position) holder reports to the Executive Director.
Office Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
FLSA Status: Flexible Part Time – 15 to 20 hours per week
Benefits: Shared-premium medical insurance, pro-rated holiday, vacation and sick time pay (referred to as Paid Time Off – PTO). SIMPLE IRA with employer match
Job Summary: This part-time position exists to help assure that the staff and Board of Colorado Christian Services are able to focus on and accomplish their day-to-day activities necessary to fully accomplish the mission and business objectives of Colorado Christian Services. This position serves financial contributors, staff and Board as well as the Colorado Christian Services’ adoption clients with an emphasis on Christian values and the respect for the dignity and worth of all individuals. Assignments can be complex where judgement, analysis and initiative are required.
Office Management Responsibilities
- Provide general office support including but not limited to answering telephone, processing mail, ordering office supplies and coordinating equipment maintenance.
- Manage office operations and procedures, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies and other clerical services
- Maximize office productivity through the proficient use of appropriate software applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Maintain donor database, donor communications and monthly tax receipt process utilizing the Relationship Management System (Bloomerang)
- Assure systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records
- Send out monthly tax receipts/thank you letters to individual and church contributors in a timely manner
Adoption Program Duties
- Assist casework staff in creating client files and maintaining permanent records
- Provide support to casework staff and Executive Director in hosting and coordinating meetings and seminars
- Complete records and prepare Colorado Department of Human Services Annual Report
- Complete records and prepare Colorado Christian Services Annual Report
Board Service Duties
- Prepare adoption and fundraising event reports for board meetings
- Assist Executive Director in preparing for board meetings
Public Relations / Fundraising Events
- Assist with various agency development activities and fundraising events as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive deliveries, transport through the office and put away in a timely manner
- Transport boxes up and down the stairs, from the basement to the upper level and vice versa
- Move furniture and prepare for events within the office space.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High School diploma is required with college degree in a related field preferred. Three to five years office management and secretarial experience is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and maintain policy manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and the general public.
Individual should have good social, secretarial, and computer skills. Should be proficient in the full Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience in database [CRM] management necessary. Should be detail-oriented, friendly, organized, articulate, and flexible. Needs to have working knowledge of all aspects of the Agency which will require on-thejob training. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Contributes to the development of the agency. Recognizes, initiates, and leads improvement activities. Is not hesitant to change or challenge decisions to meet performance goals or commitments. Requires considerable judgment, tact, discretion, and initiative.
Cover Letter: Describe your specific skills, experience and qualifications to fulfill the job description. Also include in your letter what you believe makes you uniquely qualified to serve the faith-based, adoptive families served through Colorado Christian Services.
Current Résumé: List your employment, experience and education.
Submit the letter and résumé by email to Info@ChristianServices.org. Include your name and job title in the subject line. This will be the only acceptable method of submission. No phone calls, please.To Apply: email@example.com