Marketing and Events Coordinator
About Save Our Youth Mentoring (SOY)
Save Our Youth Mentoring is a faith-based youth development organization connecting young people to hope through long-term mentoring relationships. We collaborate with individuals and groups in the community to increase awareness of kids’ resilience and support their success. Save Our Youth mentors bring experience, compassion, long-term commitment, and intentionality to provide kids with a caring advocate by their side.
We are looking for a dynamic individual gifted in marketing, communications, and event planning. You will work well with others to carry out a vision, whether through telling the Save Our Youth story via digital and print communications or in person at events.
Marketing and Communications: You will plan, produce, and oversee all communications and marketing. This includes print newsletters, social media campaigns, promotional materials, merchandise and swag, online marketing funnels, e-newsletters, website updates, and more. Your gifts and talents will help deliver our important story to the press and the public, which means you will have a heart and a passion to impact youth.
Events: We hold many events a year, such as celebrations, activities for our matches, and development events. You will help plan and execute the vision for the event. As an organization, we enjoy celebrating and engaging with our mentors, mentees and their families, donors, staff, and volunteers. It’s not only important that the event is managed well, but that it is fun, on budget, and creates meaningful opportunities for connection.
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications
- Produce content to support marcom efforts, including newsletters, website copy, brochures, press releases for print and digital, mass e-mail, social media, etc.
- Increase digital and traditional consumer engagement.
- Maintain website ensuring accurate information and up-to-date images.
- Design artwork and graphics using Adobe Suite and Canva.
- Manage SEO data, construct and execute strategy for increased website popularity and Google status.
- Organize social media schedules and online promotions.
- Engage with public comments.
- Inform and regulate brand usage for all staff.
- Co-develop marketing collateral and media programming for all events.
- Engage in a continual evaluation of marketing and business development plans as well as tracking the ROI of initiatives.
- Source, design, and order swag and merchandise.
- Lead well-planned and well-executed Save Our Youth events aligned with objectives.
- Manage event planning committee meetings with record keeping and follow-up.
- Plan activities, venues, agendas, and details suited to the goals for the event.
- Research vendors (catering, decorators, musicians, etc.) and select the best combination of quality and cost. Negotiate to achieve most favorable terms.
- Communicate and coordinate with vendors, participants, volunteers, and attenders.
- Responsible for event website creation and management, as well as registration.
- Create and edit event invitations and marketing collateral.
- Coordinate volunteer assignments with timely and clear communication.
- Manage all day-of event operations, addressing problems and coordinating workers.
- Evaluate events’ success and submit reports.
- Collaborate with Save Our Youth staff to determine annual event needs.
- Contribute to a team approach by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
- Stay current on research, best practices, and industry trends related to the marketing and nonprofit landscape. Report key takeaways to the leadership team.
- Maintain a constant inflow of ideas through sources such as Pinterest and others.
- Recommend adjustments to communications strategies and practices.
- A committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Strong passion for the Save Our Youth mission and vision.
- Alignment with Save Our Youth Core Values and Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a communications or marketing role.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively.
- Event management experience with proven record of organizing successful events.
- You love planning events. It comes natural and is fun to you. And on a budget.
- Outstanding portfolio of created content across multiple types of media.
- Excellent vendor management skills and negotiation ability.
- Knowledge of basic recruitment practices.
- Able to handle stress, adapt to circumstances, respond to adversity, and remain calm.
- Excellent related industry skills and platform knowledge such as Adobe CS, Canva, WordPress, and social media usage like FB, IG, and others.
- Understand formatting and sizing for print submissions.
- Familiar with online marketing, social media paid advertising, creating downloadable resources, and using a funnel to capture information from interested individuals.
- Knowledge of email marketing software such as Constant Contact or others.
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office. Ability to organize and track many simultaneous tasks.
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices.
- Strong work ethic and initiative.
- Committed to personal and professional growth. Seeks and applies feedback from coworkers and SOY leadership.
- Have reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Photography and/or video production skills and experience a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: $22.40 – $25.77/hour.
- Health and Dental Insurance are 100% covered for employee, dependents may be added at employee cost.
- PTO: Flexible PTO plan for vacation, personal, and sick time; 11 paid holidays (includes employee’s birthday each year); paid office closure from Dec 24th – Jan 1st annually; and 2nd Friday each month individual spiritual retreat.
- Other: Hybrid work model, 3% employer 403(b) retirement account match, medical and transportation FSA, worker’s compensation, unemployment, staff development, and employee-paid benefit options.
https://jobs.gusto.com/postings/save-our-youth-marketing-and-events-coordinator-1f42c981-bbfa-4339-a2e6-b35303836d54To Apply: Don Kerns (email@example.com)