Development and Fundraising
Marketing and Events Manager
Marketing and Events Manager
Maddux Achilles Haggard was born on Feb. 4, 2005, with a condition incompatible with life. On the sixth day of his young life, his parents Mike and Cheryl Haggard had to make the excruciating decision to take him off life support. Before they did, they called photographer Sandy Puc’ to take portraits of them cradling their son. Puc’ photographed the couple with Maddux at the hospital before he was removed from life support and after — when he was free from the tubes and the wires that had sustained him.
Those tender photographs documenting Maddux’s eternal connection with his parents inspired Cheryl Haggard and Sandy Puc’ to begin the nonprofit organization, Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (NILMDTS). Since 2005, NILMDTS has provided tens of thousands of parents with the free professional portraits of their baby. NILMDTS administers a network of over 1700 volunteer photographers in the United States and around the world.
Overview of Marketing and Events Manager
The Marketing and Events Manager oversees all marketing and events efforts for NILMDTS. This position’s primary objective is to create marketing material and develop events that have a sensitivity to bereaved families, but also when applicable, has a plan to raise funds for the organization to support the mission. The responsibilities include strategic planning and execution of marketing and events as well as regularly evaluating and analyzing the results.
This position will be the manager of all NILMDTS Remembrance Walks and other events with the expectation to scale these events. The Marketing and Events Manager must be able to take an idea or concept, develop the process, and successfully execute the process through the mobilization of our staff and volunteers.
Ideal Candidates will have the following experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, nonprofit management or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of management experience.
- Success in managing large-scale events through mobilization of staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated fundraising and sponsorship success.
- Success with online marketing strategies in the areas of email marketing, social mediaengagement and social media advertising.
Apply if you:
- Have a strong passion for the NILMDTS mission and a deep commitment for helping bereaved families on their healing journey, as well as support our volunteers.
- Have the ability to create and grow events at a scalable level.
- Have innovative strategies on how to reach families, volunteers and medical personnelthrough an online avenue.
- Have the ability to create multiple ways to raise funds through diverse revenue streams -donors, sponsors, events, online store, etc.
- Can create media opportunities across the country and abroad.
- Can recruit, lead, inspire and mobilize volunteers to be an instrumental part of ourmeaningful work.
Remembrance Walks and Events
- Manage and lead the Events staff, volunteers and vendors to ensure successful Walks and events with a strategic mindset of scalability.
- Ensure the sensitivity of our mission is upheld at all Walks and Events.
- Ensure all Walks and Events meet net revenue goals by overseeing the budget to ensureexpenses are reasonable and also to create revenue opportunities.
- Build relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders aswell as existing and new corporate sponsors.
- Responsible for the cultivation of new donor and sponsor relationships resulting in raisingfunds.
- Retain current sponsors and donors.Marketing, Communications and Fundraising
- Develop marketing and communications strategies to consistently promote our mission that increases awareness and a positive image of NILMDTS online, in-person, and through the media.
- Develop marketing strategies and tactics to increase volunteers in all areas of the organization, increase medical affiliates, increase event attendance and increase exposure of NILMDTS.
- Responsible for the branding of the organization and ensuring our branding standards are carried out.
- Manage and lead Marketing staff and volunteers.
- Plan and execute content for NILMDTS publications including: newsletters, blogs, socialmedia platforms, event collateral, miscellaneous print and electronic materials.
- Identify media opportunities.
- Point of contact for third-party PR firms.
- In conjunction with all departments, plan, create, and schedule all communication for theorganization.
- Work in collaboration with the CEO to reach revenue goals through diverse funding streams.Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to be sensitive to the nature of our work
- Strong critical thinking and organizational abilities
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently while meeting deadlines and objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively with photographers, other volunteers, and families
- Ability to take initiative and complete projects with little supervision
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong attention to details
- Must enjoy working in an office environment
- Must be available to work primarily during office hours Monday – Friday and the availabilityto work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to answer phones and speak with those who call NILMDTS
- Computer Skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Software
- Strong experience of social media and its use in nonprofits including Facebook,Twitter, LinkedInTrello or other project software
- Zoom meeting software
- Experience with databases
- Familiarity with making website updates in Word Press
- Experience with graphic design programs, including Photoshop and InDesign
- Ability to lift 25 pounds WORK ENVIRONMENT:● NILMDTSoperatesvirtuallywiththeCEOresidinginColoradoandadditionalstaffmembers in four US Time Zones
● All staff generally work hours within the Mountain Time zone
● We prioritize the health and well-being of our staff by allowing some flexibility within work schedules as it allows with each position, and a generous number of holidays and PTO
The following are the Core Values of the NILMDTS Team.
We believe that collectively we make a powerful impact on the healing journey of families. We contribute to our role in the organization in a way that demonstrates passion and commitment.
We take pride in having a positive mindset about our team and consider the perspective of others. We show appreciation to each other. We encourage each other to rest and rejuvenate, prioritizing our health and most important relationships, so we can make our greatest contribution.
We are honest, do what is right, and honor our commitments. When we make a mistake, we own it, resolve it, and learn the lesson to avoid it in the future. When someone deserves credit and appreciation, we acknowledge their efforts and achievements.
We constantly strive to improve the mission of the organization as well as improve ourselves. We are open to improvement, growth, and change so we can better serve more families.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
- 15 day of PTO annually
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision package
- 401k up to 3% match TO APPLY:By email: please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to
Put “Marketing and Events Manager” as the subject line.
For more information about Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, visit our website at https://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org