Mission Statement: Hope House Colorado (HHC) empowers parenting teenage moms to achieve personal and economic self-sufficiency and to understand their significance in God’s sight, resulting in a healthy future for them and for their children.
Position Title: Marketing Associate
Exemption Status: Full-time, Salaried Non-Exempt
Reports To: Communications Manager (CM)
Salary Range: $43,000 – $54,000 annually
Benefits Eligibility: Eligible
Work Environment: This role is expected to work 40 hours/week on the HHC campus, except when offsite for HHC work-related purposes. The existing schedule is 8 hours per day Monday – Friday; however, this role will be required to work some scheduled evenings and weekends for development team events.
Position Summary: The Marketing Associate (“MA”) is responsible for the graphics and overall design of all communications pieces for Hope House Colorado, including the oversight of graphics/videos for all web-based and social media communications. The primary role of the MA is to maintain the consistency of Hope House Colorado messaging through the marketing and communications materials of the organization.
- Must be committed to Hope House Colorado’s Core Values and continually working towards the HH mission
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Must pass a criminal background check, driving record check, and drug screen
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-directed and comfortable/competent working autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects and work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent written, verbal and in-person communication skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in graphic design
- Expertise working in Adobe programs, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or Lightroom
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage accounts with vendors
- Email marketing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Experience creating high-quality videos a plus
- Proficient in Premier Pro/After Affects
- Experience working with WordPress website interface
- Experience with website coding a plus
Education or Training:
- Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or Communications Degree preferred
- Design all organizational, event and direct mail collateral
- Act as primary liaison with all print vendors, ensuring deadlines are met and invoices are paid on time
- Create event logos, themes and print materials
- Collaborate with DoD and CM in designing the annual report and gather needed annual report materials
- Collaborate with the CM on the design components of the annual HHC Communications Plan throughout the year
- Design, send and post all direct digital messaging
- Collaborate with the Development Associate on all projects that involve interaction with the HHC donor database
- Review Hope House Style Guide with CM annually and develop and maintain graphic standards
Photography and Videography
- Responsible for coordination, execution, editing, organization, and archival of professional-quality photography of HHC events and HHC teen moms and their children
- Supervise the use of HHC photography and videography equipment
- Responsible for developing and coordinating a volunteer photography/design team to ensure all events, programs and activities are documented throughout the year, as needed
- Responsible for coordination (through the Volunteer Manager), oversight and appreciation of photography and multimedia volunteers
- Attend and assist with execution of HHC events
- Work with Volunteer Manager to obtain volunteer photographers for HHC events and functions
- Collaborates with development team on all major events
- Update, organize, edit and consistently enhance design of HHC website ensuring presentation of current information, resources and images on the website
- Act as primary liaison with the web developer, ensuring invoices are paid on time
- Attend regular training to stay current on web communication trends and tools
- Monthly metrics tracking in key measured areas
- Oversight of organization-wide website design updates every two years
- Create HHC social media graphics, social media sites and content
- Post content when directed by the CM
- Act as back-up for social media content and copy for the CM
- Train staff on appropriate interaction with HHC social media
- Attend regular training to stay current on social media communication trends and tools
- Monthly metrics tracking in key measured areas
- Assist new Hope House locations by securing domain names for website needs
- Support affiliates with website needs and oversee the use of the Hope House brand on affiliate websites
- Maintain open communication with affiliates who seek support for design, print and website projects
- Responsible for a smooth transition for all affiliate websites affected by major updates to the website every two years
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote the values of HHC throughout the organization and external relationships
- Attend team and organizational meetings, activities and events
- Collaborate with HHC staff and perform job duties to advance the organization’s mission and vision
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team, seeking guidance as appropriate
- Comply with all organizational policies and procedures
- Potentially assist with knowledge transfer to support HHC expansion goals
- Accountability & Dependability – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – adapts to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities.
- Advocates Causes – Influences others to act in support of ideas, programs, or causes.
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Creative & Innovative Thinking – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges
- Champion Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of champions
- Ethics & Integrity – Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Manages Projects – identifies structures and directs others’ work on projects or programs.
- Results Focus & Initiative – Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
- Self-Management – Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Stress Tolerance – Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
- Interns and/or volunteers as available and appropriate
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk as well as bend, squat, and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position. We are a team and support each other in all ways necessary to continue working toward the HHC mission.
Benefits: HHC benefits are available to employees who consistently work a minimum of 24 hours a week. Benefits offered are subject to change at HHC’s sole discretion.
- Health Benefits: Employees may elect medical, dental, vision & life insurance plans.
- Simple IRA: Employees may choose to make salary reduction contributions through HHC’s Simple IRA plan and HHC will match the employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 3% of the employee’s annual salary.
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Vacation: Upon hire, employees earn 6 hours of vacation per paycheck up to 120 hours (3 weeks) in a year. Accruals are adjusted to increase vacation earned per hours worked based on length of employment with HHC.
- Holidays: HHC observes eleven (11) holidays throughout the year. Salaried employees are paid for these holidays according to the nationally recognized observation day for each holiday. In addition, salaried employees are currently gifted either the week of Christmas or the week of New Year’s off, to be scheduled at the discretion of their supervisor.
- Sick Leave: HHC provides eligible employees with Paid Sick and Safe Leave (PSSL) and Public Health Emergency Leave (PHEL) in accordance with the requirements of Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA).