The Marketing Manager with Frontier Ventures Publishing (FV Publishing) needs to be a deep well of ideas, but also have the sense and tenacity to evaluate which are the best opportunities and then follow those through to completion creating workflows and measurable goals that lead to both successful outcomes and evaluation for future improvement. The FV Publishing Marketing Manager will manage and execute marketing strategies for resources created by William Carey Publishing, contribute to marketing Mission Frontiers magazine and Joshua Project, and consult on other FV publications. All FV publications have the overarching goal of shaping and advancing the missiological conversation in the world in a way that spurs breakthrough among unreached peoples and glorifies the Lord.
We need someone who is passionate, aware (of what’s happening in the missions world and of consumer mentality), competitive (in that they always want to do the next campaign better than the last one and with greater outcomes), strategic, analytical, execution-driven, technologically savvy, and creative. From how you pull together concepts, to how you manage coordinating with internal staff and external contractors, to the very words you choose in campaigns—in every way we need you to be thoughtful and intentional. Finally, the ideal candidate is someone who has experience in the missions world with an understanding of our audience and key agency partners and a passion to serve them.
The Marketing Manager will play a key role in informing, persuading, and influencing marketing and business strategies on behalf of FV Publishing to its audiences and stakeholders. You will be responsible for crafting the strategic promotional objectives for FV publishing resources (individual books, magazines, etc.) along with executing and coordinating execution of those strategies. Additionally, you would manage and utilize all the technological platforms of FV Publishing for greater efficacy in marketing and sales activities; provide insights on trends and opportunities to grow our audiences and the business in general.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop marketing strategies for new products.
- Review current marketing campaigns for weaknesses and developing solutions within budget constraints.
- Write and edit promotional content for print, web, email, social, and search engine optimization.
- Ensure all written and visual promotional material adheres to and supports branding.
- Coordinate and oversee any staff or contractors connected with projects.
- Design and manage efficient tools, workflows, and processes that support sales and marketing team members.
- Analyze website click-to-purchase conversion rates and the effectiveness of promotions to determine what drives sales.
- Identify potential new markets through market research and create a plan to enter the market.
- Partner with product development and editorial teams to estimate product demand.
- Analyze and report on data across multiple platforms including but not limited to: Shopify, Filemaker, Ingram Marketing Insights, Mailchimp, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics.
- Drive analytic initiatives while partnering with stakeholders to deliver actionable analyses to identify areas of opportunity.
- Brainstorm fresh advertising ideas with senior management.
- Monitor sales and data quality looking for ways to improve
- Provide analytical and technological support and consultation to senior management and key partners within the organization.
- Produce monthly and annual reports on campaigns and key metrics that get shared both internally and to various groups.
- Provide publishing leadership support at events, which may require travel.
- Execute directives of Director of Publishing in coordination with the WCP Publishing Manager.
- Work well with internal and external clients
- Related and other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to following the Frontier Ventures Core Identity Document
- Adhere to the policies and procedure of the organization ·
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional writing skills for different mediums
- Excellence at learning new technologies and software
- Understanding of quantitative analytics
- Understanding of Key Performance Indicators
- Web, email, social and search insights experience
- Segmentation and brand strategy knowledge
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to consistently meet established goals while balancing competing priorities and timelines
- Highly self-motivated
- Superb collaboration, presentation, and interpersonal skills required Proficiency in Microsoft 365: Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Open to wide ranging Jesus-following spiritual heritages and expressions of spirituality
- Open to challenging traditional and comfortable spiritual heritages and expressions
- 3+ years of marketing experience with proven skills in writing and editing marketing copy
- 2+ years of sales experience (e.g. one-on-one sales pitches, creating customer journeys through promotions and technology, presentations to groups, etc.)
- Experience working with various marketing platforms (Mailchimp ,etc.), or similar tools required
- Familiarity with CRMs (e.g. Filemaker, Virtuous, etc.) desired
- Microsoft Excel experience required for data manipulation, analytics, and visualization
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way
- Bachelor’s degree required (Marketing, Communications, English, Business or related field)
- Technological savvy required
- Must value the mission and vision of Frontier Ventures Publishing
- Received official acceptance as a member of the FMF religious order.
- Strong motivation to move the organizational and department missions forward
- Strong alignment with the stated values of the organization
- Available for organizational development and event travel as needed.
- Must be able to participate in fundraising for organizational development
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- The duties of this job frequently require the worker to sit for extended periods of time.
- The duties of this job occasionally require the worker to travel by car, plane, etc with or without accommodation.
- Must have the ability to type written communication, speak and hear with clarity to facilitate good communication in virtual meetings.