Mental Health Counselor – Intern
Kikta Behavioral Health LLC is an outpatient level of care provider. We focus on being integrated in our community and providing the best services possible to the individuals we help. We achieve this goal by utilizing evidenced based services which include DBT, EMDR, and TF-CBT. Kikta is an organization which believes in a solid organizational structure with a team oriented approach emphasizing the importance of leadership and supervision. This is designed to develop clinicians as well as give team members the opportunity to support one another by sharing their skills, expertise, and experience. We are dedicated to hiring and maintaining a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we serve; value strong communication skills with people who are confident in both providing and receiving feedback; and understand that positive work environments are both transparent and consistent. We expect all employees to work efficiently onsite during office hours and expect no clinicians to be taking work home with them. Is Kikta Behavioral Health the organization for you?
Available Positions: Kikta is seeking a Master’s Level clinical intern to provide mental health services at an outpatient level of care. This internship will be a hybrid in-person/telehealth services. All positions report onsite at our Lakewood office. No remote work is available. Submit all inquiries and resumes to Maya Redhorse at email@example.com.
Essential Job Duties:
- Engage clients and families in the treatment process and treatment goal-setting.
- Work constructively with clients and families to reach agreed upon goals.
- Maintain appropriate professional standards and provide appropriate follow-up for clients and families.
- Provide individual, group and family counseling.
- Exhibit enthusiasm, high professional standards, adaptability, and a team oriented approach.
- Maintain effective interpersonal relations with clients, co-workers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
- Effectively responds to client needs and concerns, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, email and other requests.
- Case conceptualization with referrals to other providers when appropriate.
- Participate in regularly scheduled supervision and/or clinical case consultation meetings.
- Maintain accurate service records for billing and data tracking purposes.
- Submits all Progress-to-Date notes within 4 working days.
- Completes all paperwork, such as treatment plans by the due date.
- Completes case closings within 60 days after last contact.
- Additional job duties may be requested by your direct supervisor.
- Enrolled in a Master’s Degree program from an accredited University/College in counseling, psychology or related field required. Proof of enrollment is required.
- Registration with DORA required.
- Skills in crisis interventions including lethality screening, culturally competent interventions, cognitive behavioral therapy, and other applicable treatment modalities.
- Must have an understanding of the effects of trauma.
- Computer expertise desired.
Salary and Benefits
Master’s Level Clinical Intern
- Compensation may be considered based on experience.
COVID-19 Vaccination and Boosters or an approved medical or religious exemption is required for employment with Kikta Behavioral Health LLC. New employees must provide proof of being fully vaccinated and boostered, or have an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to their first day of employment.
Kikta Behavioral Health LLC is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.To Apply: Maya Redhorse, firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-678-9400 x 102.