Youth and Children's Ministry
Mentoring Coordinator – Colorado Springs
About Save Our Youth (SOY)
Save Our Youth is a faith-based youth development organization connecting young people to hope through long-term mentoring relationships. We collaborate with individuals and groups in the community to increase awareness of kids’ resilience and to support their success. Save Our Youth mentors bring experience, compassion, long-term commitment, and intentionality to provide kids a caring advocate by their side.
Having served thousands of youth in Denver since 1994, Save Our Youth is now coming to Colorado Springs. Be a part of our expansion as we seek to partner with churches and Christians to bring hope to youth in this great city.
This position will be 1) recruiting mentors and mentees to be a part of the program, and 2) responsible for case management of up to 30 one-on-one mentoring matches. This position exists to ensure a successful match between an adult mentor and youth (age 10-17) by creating new matches and then providing ongoing support, training and encouragement to mentors, mentees, and families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop mentor recruitment strategies, including church recruiting events, mentor recruiting campaigns, and other mentor recruiting opportunities.
- Assist with the development of annual mentor recruiting goals and ensure goals are met by developing and reporting on key performance indicators at regular intervals.
- Collaborate with churches, schools, and faith-based community organizations to identify and recruit potential mentors.
- Assist with and/or lead the planning and implementation of mentor appreciation events
- Document and track recruitment efforts.
- Develop mentee recruitment strategies, including building relationships with schools, community groups, churches and other mentee recruiting opportunities.
- Assist with the development of annual mentee recruiting goals and ensure goals are met by developing and reporting on key performance indicators at regular intervals.
- Document and track recruitment efforts.
Case Management Responsibilities:
- Maintain a caseload of up to 30 one-on-one mentoring matches.
- Interview potential mentors and mentees.
- Coordinate match process between mentors and mentees.
- Contact mentors on a monthly basis to provide proactive support, monitor mentor relationships and provide coaching. Be comfortable having difficult conversations.
- Contact mentees and their parent(s)/guardian(s) at least on a quarterly basis to ensure safety, mentee engagement and overall mentee satisfaction.
- Assist mentors and mentees in setting long and short-term goals.
- Perform all administrative tasks necessary to manage the matches, including maintaining professional case notes and database records of interventions and match activities.
- Communicate challenges and seek case feedback through ongoing one-on-one meetings with direct supervisor and ongoing collaboration with the Denver Program Team.
- Facilitate spiritual duties as needed, including praying with mentors, mentees & families, leading bible studies/devotions, etc.
General Program Responsibilities:
- Pray with and for church partners, donors, mentors, mentees and their families.
- Assist with and/or lead the creation, development, and improvement of programmatic processes and materials.
- Assist with and/or lead the planning and implementation of programmatic events.
- Contribute to a team approach by accomplishing other duties as assigned. Could include development, education, training, etc.
- A committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Strong passion for the SOY mission and vision.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required (willing to consider someone working towards a degree, or strong relevant work experience in place of degree).
- Experience in counseling, human services, or social work is preferred.
- Experience working with, and/or in-depth understanding of, culturally diverse and economically disadvantaged populations.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience managing others.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong work ethic and initiative.
- Committed to personal and professional growth by seeking and applying feedback from coworkers and SOY leadership.
- Must have reliable transportation with proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- Able to drive to multiple locations in a day.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Salary and Benefits
- Starting Salary Range: $50,000-$52,000.
- Health & Dental: 100% covered by SOY for employee; dependents may be added at employee cost; Vision available at employee cost; Flexible Healthcare Spending Account.
- PTO: Flexible PTO plan for vacation, personal, and sick time; 11 paid holidays (includes employee’s birthday each year); paid office closure from Dec 24th – Jan 1st annually; and 2nd Friday of each month for individual spiritual retreat.
- Other: Hybrid work model, 3% Simple IRA match after one year, worker’s compensation, unemployment, staff development, and other employee-paid benefit options.
To Apply: email@example.com