|Position: Middle School Math
Start Date: Fall 2022-2023
Reports to: 6-12 Principal
Overview: The Middle School Math Teacher at SkyView will be responsible for collaborating with the team to ensure that students in grades 6-8 have access to a high quality, rigorous, math program.
Desired Qualifications and Attributes:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree that supports teaching students middle school Math;
- Meet Highly Qualified criteria for the state of Colorado;
- Proficient in technology–especially Google platform;
- Commitment to providing high expectations and high levels of support for all students;
- Deep passion for learning and the subject matter being taught.
- Belief that the way to promote student achievement is through building meaningful relationships;
- Precise, persuasive, and effective interpersonal communication and writing skills;
- Possess the ability to collaborate with teachers/staff/team to meet the needs of students.
- Willingness to ask questions, and consult with team members on a regular basis.
- Willingness to grow with the position and needs of the school.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with solid decision-making skills;
- Dedicated to being a respectable leader and role model at the school and within the community;
- Successful candidates will be enthusiastic about the SVA charter school model which empowers staff and families, and values world language, character education, and service to the community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support implementation of the SVA vision & mission, helping set the tone and culture.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management and discipline.
- Communicate proactively with students, staff, and parents.
- Engage students in meaningful Socratic dialogue.
- Differentiate instruction to address various learning styles.
- Attend Capturing Kids Hearts, a 3-day training, during the summer, if hired.
- Develop curriculum with assistance from the Upper School Principal and/or Middle School faculty.
- Understand that student learning is the measure of successful teaching.
- Embrace feedback from administration in a continuous improvement modality.
- Build appropriate professional relationships with students.
- Collaborate with other SVA staff in all aspects of the school.
- Supervise lunch, detention, or after-school duties as needed in cooperation with other HS faculty.
- Be involved in the life of the school – Clubs, Sports, Community Service, and/or Character Education.
- Other duties as assigned by the Upper School Administration.
Salary Range: $41,000-$48,000
- Submit resume and a brief letter of interest to: email@example.com.
- Our admin team and math department will review resumes together to select candidates for an interview and a sample-teach to be scheduled.
- Candidates are expected to sample-teach at least one lesson (or submit video of a demo lesson).
*To learn more about SkyView Academy, visit our website: http://skyviewacademy.org/.
**SkyView prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.