Youth and Children's Ministry
Minister of Discipleship and Technology
Position: Minister of Discipleship and Technology
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Hours: Full Time
Purpose: In consultation with and under the direction of the Lead Pastor, the Minister of Discipleship and Technology will oversee and participate in the total ministry of the local church, its nurturing ministries and in fulfilling its mission of witness and service in the world.
- Directs the discipleship ministries of the church (Children, Youth, Adult)
- Directs the 4:12 student ministry
- Manages the technology of all worship services, broadcasts, and special events
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and further develop a youth ministry that embraces the missions of worship, growth, and fellowship.
- Supervises the Director of Children’s Discipleship, Nursery Coordinator, and Director of Adult Discipleship
- Develop and implement a Christian Education plan for all people.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and encourage all volunteers within the 4:12 Student Ministry.
- Engage youth through relationships, teaching, mission, and fellowship.
- Provide adequate communication, counsel and interaction to parents and families regarding youth ministry and spiritual development.
- Constantly evaluate the objectives and effectiveness of our discipleship ministry, implementing and following through with improvements and changes.
- Ensure all appropriate volunteers have completed Safe Sanctuary training and all background checks and documents are in order.
- Responsible for all technology used in worship services, broadcasts, rehearsals, and special events.
- Recruit and train all technology volunteers.
- Discern, map, and direct use of technology for all sanctuary events.
- Manage “back of house” equipment and budget.
- Supervise the Technology Associate.
General Administrative Tasks:
- General administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Staff Parish Relations Committee and Lead Pastor.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in the leadership of the entire church staff.
Education and Credentials:
- Degree or Certification in Youth Ministry and related experience leading a growing program.
- Participate in continuing education workshops to maintain professional expertise and credentials.