Minister of Worship and Communication
River Rock Church Description
River Rock Church is a modern church family located in one of the fastest growing communities in the United States. We are in the heart of Nocatee, which has been named “the best place to live in Florida” according to Newsweek Magazine. Located just 15 minutes from the beach, the church consists of families that have moved to the community from all over the USA. The church began as a campus of a Chets Creek Church in 2014, and we officially became our own self-governing church in July 2022. Based on solid Biblical teaching, our purpose is to “Connect Christ to Life” in all that we do. River Rock Church is a multi-generational church that focuses on discipleship, missions, and the next generation.
The church is looking for someone to lead in the worship experience on Sunday mornings as well as teach people how to worship with their daily lives. In addition to leading the worship team, this person will oversee and implement the communications strategy for the church through written, video, and social media networks.
The staff of River Rock Church is a highly motivated group of people who enjoy serving others, having fun, and being passionately devoted to leading the church family to live out our faith in Jesus. This candidate must be someone who takes their faith and calling to serve Jesus seriously, but in a fun and meaningful way. All members of the staff are empowered to create and develop strategies within their area of expertise that support the purpose of connecting Jesus Christ to everyday life and beyond.
Position: Minister of Worship and Communications
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Salary: Based on Experience and Expertise
To lead an effective and growing worship ministry that allows for people to experience God through worship that carries over into all aspects of their lives.
To create and lead an effective communications ministry that creatively and efficiently helps people be in the know of all that God is doing in our church and keeps people up to date with all of the ministry events.
Key Responsibilities – WORSHIP
· Maintain an authentic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ through the on-going daily spiritual disciplines of reading the Bible, prayer, personal worship, and involvement in the life of the church.
· Work in partnership with the Lead Pastor to develop and implement quality worship experiences centered on a central theme for each week.
· Enlist, lead, train, and grow vocal, band, creative arts, and tech teams.
· Oversee worship set-up and tear down on a weekly basis.
· Coordinate special worship events including worship nights, Christmas Eve services, and other special events (i.e. weddings/funerals).
· Care for and maintain worship related equipment throughout the church including sound, lighting, and audio-visual equipment.
Key Responsibilities – COMMUNICATIONS
Creatively communicate across numerous platforms including social media, weekly worship announcements, assist with age-specific ministries, and develop teams of communications experts and photographers/videographers to assist with needed projects.
Develop streamlined processes and systems to enhance the communications process across the church.
Create and produce needed video elements that include sermon bumpers, testimonies, and unique stories in our church to show on Sunday mornings, social media, and on the church website.
· As a minister of the church, provide specific pastoral care for the Worship/Communications Team along with general pastoral care assigned by the Lead Pastor or Associate Pastor.
· Champion the core values, mission, and vision of River Rock Church
· Adapt and change to effectively serve
· Demonstrate humility and be a team-player among staff and volunteers
· Be willing to learn and utilize new computer software
· Demonstrate instrumental proficiency – strong vocal, musicianship, and stage presence
– Ability to lead effective rehearsals and proactively recruit and develop vocalists/musicians
· Craft and creatively tell stories through various media
– Clearly articulate the Gospel and convey teachable moments
Education and Experience
· Strong theological knowledge and ability to effectively speak biblical wisdom within worship services and training sessions
· Proficiency (or willingness to be trained) in Microsoft Office, LightKey, ProPresenter, Planning Center, music click tracts, and video editing software
· Basic understanding of graphic design techniques
– Established portfolio of media design and video creation
· Demonstrated excellence as an engaging worship leader
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2546To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2546