Anywhere in the U.S.
God has given OMF a heart for Asia and the desire to bring his hope to billions. To do this, OMF seeks to “mobilize” (train, equip and encourage) individuals to become more involved with long-term ministry in East Asia.
By strategically representing and advocating for OMF, the Advocacy/Representation Department encourages and empowers others to discover their role in advancing the gospel within East Asia. The representatives within this team communicate God’s heart for the nations and represent OMF at strategic venues and events.
Communicate God’s heart for the nations and represent OMF:
- Model a consistent witness for Christ.
- Truthfully and compellingly represent the ministry and vision of OMF at conferences, on campuses and to area churches.
- Set up event displays, in consultation with the Mobilization Event Coordinator.
- Enter contact information of inquirers into database system with relational professionalism, and connect inquirer with the appropriate department.
- Educate on the urgent needs of East Asia’s peoples and the state of the church in East Asia, according to the mission, vision and values of OMF (U.S.).
- Encourage and challenge students to take next steps toward missions involvement, according to the milestones developed by the Equipping Department.
- Inform and passionately challenge God’s people with practical ways to get involved in the global church.
- Encourage and challenge students to register for Perspectives on the World Christian Movement and to OMF-hosted events.
- Strengthen local church partnerships through meetings, trainings and networking with the Head of Priority Partnerships.