INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: Missions and International Student Intern
LOCATION: LifeChange Vineyard Church, 6228 S Carr Ct, Littleton
- $3,000 per semester
- 10% tuition discount
- Taxable living stipend: negotiable
ESTIMATED TIME COMMITMENT: 12-15 hours (Flexible)
REPORTS TO: Jack Fairweather, Senior Pastor
The internship at LifeChange is an opportunity for Denver Seminary students to prepare themselves practically for ministry upon graduation. The goal of the internship is to enable students to take the theology and theory they learn in the classroom and begin to apply it in a powerful way to real life ministry. At LifeChange we are dedicated to helping students become the most effective Kingdom builders they can be. The approximately 12-15 hours a week includes 6 hours of cohort time. During the cohort time interns will engage in discourse, planning and other interactions to turn their theological studies in to concrete, powerful Kingdom building action.
The internship is available for any student from the first year onward. Students are accepted for an internship for one year at a time but can continue indefinitely as long as they are approved and still in school.
LifeChange is egalitarian and all positions are open equally to both men and women.
LifeChange Vineyard Church is a community of ordinary people doing the extraordinary as we advance the Kingdom Biblically and do what Jesus did.
Vision at LifeChange
- To be a community of believers that consistently and consciously makes space for God to move and to lead His people
- To lead people Biblically into life altering encounters with God as each person worships Him in spirit and truth and gives Him the praise only He deserves
- To treat all people with kindness, dignity and grace even when they make mistakes
- To radically serve and value the poor and disenfranchised locally and to the ends of the earth
If this kind of experience appeals to you, there are only four basic qualifications for all LifeChange interns.
- Desire to see God move more powerfully in your life
- Strong willingness to learn
- Call to ministry upon graduation
- Attend weekly cohort meetings
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend weekly church service
- Regularly pray for the church
- Aid in the leadership and development of the missions program in the church
- Help in the recruitment of missionaries for the missions training program of LifeChange International
- Provide support to missionaries and missionaries in training
- Lead a community group of international students
- Lead occasional community events for missionaries and international students
- Coordinate and take part in a 2-3 week overseas missions trip in the summer time.
TO APPLY: Send resume to:
About the Senior Leadership at LifeChange:
Jack and Tammy Fairweather pastor the LifeChange Vineyard Church. Jack was a U.S. Marine for 10 years before entering in to full time ministry in 2004. After graduating from Denver Seminary in 2009 the couple went to the Philippines where they founded an organization for street children and abandoned children. Jack and Tammy returned from the Philippines in December 2020 and have been pastoring LifeChange since May 2021.
- 2018-present PhD Candidate, Organizational Sociology/Street children, Univ of the Philippines
- 2017 MA, Sociology, Arizona State University
- 2009 MDiv, Denver Seminary 2009
- 2021 MA, Non Profit Leadership and Management, Arizona State University
DEFINITION OF THE MINISTRY RESIDENCY PROGRAM:
By Definition the Residency Program is an Internship and contains the following:
- Similar ministry training as that available in and through schooling for future clergy;
- This training is for the benefit of the trainee;
- Resident is not a replacement for a regular employee, but works under close observation;
- This program is considered to be of greater value to the trainee than to the employer;
- Trainees are not necessarily entitled to a job at the completion of the program;
- Employer and trainee understand that trainees are not entitled to wages for the time spent in training.