Music Worship Leader
Eagle Bend Community Church (EBCC) is a vibrant Christian community church of about 50 senior citizen members resident in the Heritage Eagle Bend community. We are known as “The Little Church with a Big Heart”.
Regular weekly worship consists of one Sunday morning service at 10 AM.
The music ministry includes a choir of about 15 to 20 members and a hand chime choir, and various soloists and instrumentalists. The music is a vital part of the congregation’s worship experience. Therefore, the leader of our worship and music is a very vital part of our Sunday service.
Our Community Christmas program attracts about 200 people to our Christmas Eve Candlelight Service held at 4 PM. This service is the musical highlight of the year.
EBCC is seeking an enthusiastic Music and Worship Leader (MWL) to oversee the design and implementation of all on-site worship services, under the leadership of the Pastor, and to direct and manage the music ministry.
While appreciating and embracing praise music, the MWL will be a specialist in choral music and blended worship and will be actively committed to building a community fully alive in Christ.
Job Requirements for the MWL:
- Guide and planning music for weekly worship, to include Special Music as well as seasonal services and special concerts
- Play keyboard or piano a must
- Providing your keyboard helpful, piano is available
- Directing the choir
- Creating of vocal choir parts and then uploading them for the choir
- Computer Skills Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 and able to produce hymn slides for worship
- The ability to mix the sound and then upload the services each week for Podcast
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Set-up and tear down AV equipment
- Supervise the worship/audio-visual staff
- Provide a monthly report to the Board and able to interface with Pastors and other church staff, especially the Church Administrator.
The position is part-time approximately 10 hours a week. It will be your choice to be paid as an independent contractor (1099) or a staff employee (W2).
Hours include Sunday arrive at church 8am for set-up for 10am service, Christmas Eve, Friday Evening of Holy Week, plus meetings and rehearsal one day a week in the evening and an occasional rehearsal on an additional day if necessary.
- A Christian who actively invites others to grow in Christ
- Degree in music or a related field
- Choral directing experience
- Be conversant of a range of musical styles, including classical, traditional hymns, and contemporary worship music.
- Have a vision to build a choir program that is fully alive in Christ
For more information about the church and recordings of church services you may wish to review our website at www.eaglebendcc.org or Eagle Bend Community Church on YouTube.
You will find that the Pastors and church staff are very open to discussions about the position and we do everything possible to make this job rewarding and fun.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aurora, CO 80016: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One locationTo Apply: email@example.com