Youth and Children's Ministry
NEXT GEN DIRECTOR
Weekly Attendance: 1000
Location: Sutton, MA
The Role: Next Gen Director
Meet Lifesong Church:
After a year of dreaming, praying, and planning, Pastor David, Ginelle, and their three kids were joined by a team of 40 people who launched Lifesong Church on September 10, 2006. They spent 12 months imagining what a life-giving church that helped people connect with God and others would look like in New England. On that first Sunday, 396 people showed up at the Blackstone Valley Cinema de Lux in Millbury, Massachusetts, to see what this new way to do church was all about.
Lifesong Church launched with a focus on connecting the disconnected and unchurched to Jesus. Sunday’s focus was, and still is, on inspiring, relevant experiences and about helping people reach their potential in God. During the six years Lifesong met in the movie theater, the church grew to over 400 in weekly attendance. Since moving to 65 Gilmore Drive in December 2012, the church has grown to become a multi-site church with campuses in Sutton, Worcester, and Sturbridge that continue to reach the disconnected and unchurched. Lifesong has helped plant hundreds of churches through ARC and invests 10 percent or more of its annual income in missions and outreach. Additionally, Pastor David and Ginelle have continued to lead and coach ARC pastors across New England and beyond.
We love inviting people to see for themselves how exciting church can be when the structure is simple and people are free to go after God with passion. We hope you will help us reach 2% of Metro-Worcester in worshiping Jesus together every week!
About the Next Gen Director:
The Next Gen Director will be responsible for spearheading Lifesong Church’s efforts to invest in the next generation (ages 0-18) for the purpose of helping them know God, live in the freedom He desires for them, discover the purpose He’s designed them for, and deliver the hope of Jesus to the world around them.
The Next Gen Director’s Responsibilities Include:
Work directly with the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor to shape vision and strategy for Next Gen ministry.
Partner with campus pastors in developing and equipping campus kids ministry leaders for carrying out established ministry vision and strategy.
- Directly oversee kids ministry at the broadcast campus, which includes leading approximately 75 volunteers in the facilitation of infants through fifth-grade care and programming for two services each weekend.
- Directly oversee student ministry for 6th through 12th graders, which is facilitated in large part centrally out of our broadcast campus.
- Ensure the effective building, training, and leading of required volunteer teams.
- Ensure quality and consistency in environments, programming, and execution of Next Gen ministry across campuses.
- Foster a healthy partnership with parents in the discipleship and care of their children and teens.
- Collaborate as needed with the Creative Director to design and facilitate promotional strategy as well as visual theming and content for Next Gen activities and events (e.g., family nights, vacation Bible school, middle and high school gatherings, etc.).
- Collaborate as appropriate with the Production and Worship Directors to design programming for Next Gen events.
- Build and manage the Next Gen ministry budget and ensure its proper stewardship.
- Track key performance indicators and conduct regular reviews to drive continuous improvement.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Proven experience building and leading teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to multitask
Ability to think strategically and creatively
Strong project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to innovate
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
Listener with open-hands
- Inspiring leader
- Solution oriented
- Calm and confident presence and composure
- Higher level, strategic thinker
What it’s Like to Live in New England:
The New England area is well known for beautiful coasts and mountains, vibrant cities, and four distinct seasons each rich with their own character, including some of the most amazing fall foliage you’ll find. Whether you’re looking for fresh seafood, authentic Italian, or delicious desserts, the area boasts some iconic dining. The region abounds with historical significance from the landing site of the Pilgrims to Boston’s freedom trail, which includes the preserved home of Paul Revere, the nation’s oldest commissioned warship afloat, and the locations of the Boston Massacre and the Battle of Bunker Hill. If you love championship sports, the area is full of it, and New England is also home to some of the nation’s top colleges and universities.
>>APPLY HERE<<To Apply: Sarah Meggers: email@example.com