Youth and Children's Ministry
Next Gen Ministry Coordinator – Youth Emphasis
Must be committed to growing in your walk with Christ. Have a day of rest (no church work) one day a week. Meet with God each day to personally worship, pray and be in Scripture. Invest in healthy relationships with family and friends. Commit to a discipleship/mentoring relationship in which you are challenged to grow in your walk with Christ and your work in His Church.
Have a positive and professional relationship with parents, being able to answer questions about Next Gen Ministry programming, curriculum particulars, and philosophy.
● Work with the Next Gen Team in preparing resources and opportunities for parents to experience and grow in skill as the spiritual heroes of their children.
Participate in weekly Next Gen Team meetings, regular Parent Advisory Team meetings, partner meetings with Wellspring Church youth staff and other teams as required.
● Expect and seek growth in maturity, confidence and competence as a member of the Next Gen Team through a cooperative strategy of accountability, discipleship and training with the Next Gen Pastor.
Utilize strong skills in recruiting, retaining, training and caring for youth ministry volunteers.
Worship Help design, champion, and coordinate teenagers involvement in, and understanding of, the liturgy and broader life of the church. Connect with new families, to inform and integrate them into the Next Gen Ministry and the wider life of Trinity. Help the broader staff team with all set-up, tear-down, and preparations for Sunday morning worship.
Next Gen Ministry Aid in implementation of Next Gen strategy and philosophy for youth ministry ○ Implement Next Gen Pastor’s vision for youth ministry with excellence.
- Prepare weekly supplies and curriculum for youth ministry.
- Help recruit small group leaders for youth ministry.
- Communicate weekly with volunteers and parents about the youth ministry.
- Ensure that all volunteers are adequately prepared for their role as small group leaders.
- Set up and tear down for youth ministry each week.
- Teach in classroom and large group settings as appropriate.
- Build healthy relationships with teenagers and model a life of discipleship in Christ.
- Meet with teenagers to lead Bible studies and to mentor as appropriate.
- Participate in all youth ministry trips (winter camps, summer trips) as able.
- Participate in monthly youth ministry events.
- Communicate and enforce policies to ensure the safety of our children and teenagers.
- Strengthen Next Gen Ministry volunteers
- Encourage all volunteers to be growing in maturity, biblical understanding and relationship with God.
- Participate in volunteer training events.
- Meet regularly with youth volunteers to encourage and mentor them towards health and effectiveness in ministry.
- Foster peer-to-peer development between volunteers and create a healthy team culture.
- Participate in other aspects of Next Gen Ministry
- Consult and cooperate with the Next Gen Team in ministry events outside of the youth emphasis.
- Participate in the design and implementation of special programs (such as a summer vacation bible school) as appropriate.
- Serve on rotation for weekly check-in of children and safety monitor in hallways during children’s ministry Sunday programming.
- Help lead the young adult ministry in cooperation with the Next Gen Pastor.
Additional Considerations: Minimum Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years employed or volunteer experience in ministry
- Commitment to Anglican Distinctives
- Background in childhood development or education.
- A bachelor or masters degree in applicable fields: Theology, Childhood Development, Education, etc.
- Confirmed in the Anglican Church
Benefits: Part Time Position
- No benefits offered