Youth and Children's Ministry
Next Generation Director
POSITION TITLE: Next Generation Director REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time/Salaried/Exempt Approval Date: January 17, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: The Next Generation Director is responsible for providing comprehensive leadership and direction of ministry to children, students, and young professionals. This individual will embody the vision and cultural values of the church in order to help accomplish the church’s mission. This individual will seek spiritual development and participation within the community of church life.
- Support and communicate accurately the vision and values of Arvada Covenant Church.
- Partner with church staff in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning.
- Responsible for the planning, management and implementation of ministries listed in job summary.
- Develop, encourage, coach and equip staff and volunteers in ministries listed in job summary
- Conduct annual reviews of ministry area staff
- Provide pastoral care as needed: counseling, weddings, funerals, visitation and preaching periodically, with a focus on families of children and youth
- Recruit and develop volunteers across assigned ministry areas
- Attend staff meetings; be a team player
- Primary Leader of Student Ministries:
– Create opportunities that helps students deepen their faith.
– Communicate and partner with parents in discipleship of their students.
– Create opportunities for students to experience God through retreats during the school year and week-
long trips in the summer.
– Coordinate with Children’s Ministry
– Coordinate with Children’s Ministry Director and Part-time Children’s ministry staff.
– Work with Children’s Ministry Director to create ministry that inspires and develops children’s faith
and the faith of families
– Oversee and manage ministry areas budgets
In consultation with the Executive Pastor, oversee the Student Ministry budget
- Perform other duties as requested by the Lead Pastor
o Bachelor’s degree in related field
o Seminary Degree and be an ordained minister of the gospel or working towards ordination in the ECC; and if not, must be willing to seek ordination in the ECC.
- Minimum of five years of experience in church ministry. Must have worked in roles that include responsibilities such as: overseeing budgets; leading and developing staff and lay leaders, etc.
- Youth Pastor and Ministry with families experience preferred.
- Detailed-oriented individual who demonstrates strong executive administration, organizational, operational and leadership skills that require high initiative and minimum supervision
- Relational skills that would connect well with children, students and families.
- The ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Must be a team player with a passion for coaching and empowering staff and volunteers while facilitating all aspects of ministry; a shepherd passionate for connecting
To apply contact: Jodi Moore, Executive Pastor, Arvada Covenant Church, email@example.com
To Apply: Jodi Moore, Executive Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org