Youth and Children's Ministry
Next Generation Ministries Director
Next Generation | Youth and Children’s Staff
Status: Full Time with housing and benefits
Leadership: Reports directly to Clergy | Under SPR Committee supervision
As a member of the staff and congregation of FUMC Canadian, the primary function of the Next Generation Director is to provide Wesleyan/United Methodist leadership, support, connection and strategy in your areas. You will help children and students take their next steps towards becoming perpetually growing and mature members of the Body of Christ prepared to go into the world and lead Christ centered healthy lifestyles. As the Next Gen Director, you will be responsible for ministry related to children and students, but will also be part of a staff and church dedicated to being Christ followers together.
Nursery through 5th Grade Coordinator | Childrens (30-40% of your time)
• Administrate and prepare Sunday School in a relevant way for lay leadership to implement each week.
• Administrate and prepare Midweek Activities in a relevant way for lay leadership to implement each week.
• Communicate with parents, staff and clergy consistently concerning kid’s ministry activities using relevant mediums
• Support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with clergy and other staff.
• Engage children multiple times a month through attending their extracurricular activities
• Develop and oversee the children’s ministry budget according to church finance guidelines
• Seek to integrate children’s ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
• Stay current with children’s ministry practices and trends through continuing education.
• Participate in Confirmation classes (held every other year)
• Encourage children to attend camp and missions opportunities. Arrange a yearly fundraiser.
• Present quarterly ministry updates and goals to the Administrative Council.
• Keep children’s facilities organized and prepared. Other staff will clean and trustees will do repairs.
• Make sure all lay leadership are safe sanctuaries trained.
• Make sure weekly children’s sermon during second service is taught by self, clergy or members
• Present quarterly lessons, event plans and continuing education plans to the pastor.
• Recruit, manage and train lay leadership for children’s Sunday School and Midweek programming.
• Encourage children’s participation in church fellowship and mission opportunities.
• Plan and lead a summer vacation bible school with recruited planning lay leadership and staff
• This is ministry, so be flexible. The pastor may ask you to do some things in your ministry within reason that are not on this list.
6th Grade through Highschool | Students (60-70% of your time)
● Be the primary teacher to students (observing Wesleyan doctrine)
● Lead the coordination and facilitation of engaging Sunday morning and Wednesday night weekly middle school and high school small and large group gatherings that are biblically accurate and culturally relevant
● Develop and sustain regular communication with parents, clergy and staff / attend both Sunday services
● Recruit, train, and lead teams of adult and student leaders
● Love the students and engage in their lives outside of church multiple times per month
● Submit and manage the annual ministry budget and demonstrate financial responsibility
● Produce a line item budget and observe church finance guides for Youth (NextGen)
● Set the vision for these ministries with clergy including an implementation plan to carry it out.
● Partner with families by building and maintaining quality relationships with parents and
families of students involved in the student ministry, and provide them with ongoing
resources to help raise their students to know Jesus
● Develop and lead a yearly mission trip
● Encourage children to attend camp and missions opportunities. Arrange a yearly fundraiser.
● Create opportunities for youth to participate in fellowship and ministry quarterly.
• Participate in regular staff mtgs led by clergy
● This is ministry, so be flexible. The pastor may ask you to do some things in your ministry within reason that are not on this list.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1937To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1937