Associate and Assistant Pastors
Next Generation Pastor
Next-Generation Pastor – First Reformed Church Oak Harbor (FRCOH) www.frcoh.org
First Reformed Church of Oak Harbor (FRCOH) is recruiting a Next-Generation Pastor to foster the spiritual and ministry development of the next generation of FRCOH. This individual will exercise strong leadership, recruitment, and delegation skills. This individual must have a passion for the spiritual growth of children and youth as well as fostering community at FRCOH.
Fulltime Salaried Position Salary Range: 50-55k
Roles and Responsibilities
- Align the purpose, vision, and leadership of the Next-Generation Ministries Teams of FRCOH
- Oversee the Nursery, Children, and Youth Ministries Teams
- Oversee the Small Group Ministry Team
- Oversee the Child Safety Team
- Define the ethos, goals, content, and assessment of the discipleship process of the next generation of FRCOH.
- Create and implement a long-term ministry path for students and families that inspires them towards a lasting relationship with Christ
- Coordinate with ministry team leaders to foster a vision for children and youth serving in the ministry of the church and in the community
- Serve as Child Safety Officer and lead the Child Safety Team
- Manage FRC’s child protection system and membership in MinistrySafe https://ministrysafe.com/
- Ensure that background checks and child safety training take place before volunteers serve in children’s ministry, church staff, or church leadership
- Recruit and screen children and youth ministry volunteers
- Ensure that safety protocols such as child check in and requiring staff to child ratios are maintained
- Foster community among the next generation of FRCOH
- Take the lead in connecting new families with the FRC community
- Plan and implement youth and family ministry events and programs
- Work in tandem with FRC’s Young Life representative to reach the families and students of Oak Harbor with the Good News of Jesus Christ
- Work in tandem with FRC Kidz preschool director to minister to the families and children who attend the preschool
- Prioritize and promote the ministry and service involvement of the next generation of FRCOH in the local and global context
- Create and promote consistent opportunities for youth and children to serve in the Kingdom of God
- Organize and conduct youth mission trips, service projects, ministry experiences, and youth led services
Experience and Skillset
- Strong background working with families and children (required)
- At least 10 years of ministry involvement (preferred)
- Previous training in and experience with child safety (required)
- Ministry experience involving at-risk children/teens (preferred)
- Able to break down projects into manageable steps and delegate
- A self-starter who can foster the spiritual formation of FRC’s emerging generation
- Able to recruit and organize teams of volunteers and lead teams effectively
- Able to keep records and follow a budget
- Willing to work under the guidelines set forth by the Reformed Church in America (RCA) Book of Church Order https://www.rca.org/about/government/book-of-church-order/
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Agreement with allowed exception to the creeds and confession ascribed to by the RCA https://www.rca.org/about/theology/creeds-and-confessions/
- A follower of Jesus Christ with a vibrant growing relationship with Him (required)
- A sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit and willingness to seek the Spirit’s direction in tandem with other church leadership.
- Ability to connect with children, students, and families.
- Is a highly motivated leader committed to helping others grow as disciples.
- Has a passion for recruiting and developing leaders and helping students find a ministry that matches their gifting.
- Ability to organize, inspire, and mobilizes ministry teams.
- Is a strong communicator and team player
Please send resume/CV, description of your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and faith journey (500 words), your personal philosophy of ministry (200 words), and three personal references (include phone #’s, email and street addresses) to email@example.com
Applications will be considered as received until position is filled.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org