Youth and Children's Ministry
Next Generation Pastor
Next Generation Pastor
beacon is a growing, vibrant, multi-cultural, multi-generational church in the heart of Downtown Denver. Our church provides a welcoming environment where people from all walks of life can encounter and come to faith in Jesus Christ. beacon is a non-denominational church built on four pillars: unapologetic preaching, unashamed worship, unafraid witness and unceasing prayer. As a vertical church, our focus is on glorifying God and making disciples who do the same. Our slogan: we are the beacons, built with broken pieces.
You are an energetic, proven people leader and builder of teams with a passion for next generation ministry and creative teaching/preaching of the Gospel. You’ll fit best as a fast thinking, solution oriented team member with grace for your colleagues and a drive for personal excellence. You’ll succeed in this role by caring for a diverse population of children and their families and by multiplying those same populations through your programming and presence.
- Evident & growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Previous youth ministry experience (2+ years)
- Preaching and teaching experience (1+ years)
- Demonstrated leadership & team building skills
- Excellent digital skills (professional and social)
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Passion to lead the next generation to Christ
- A life above reproach with the ability to lead by example
- Ideal candidates should have a proficient understanding of the challenges young people face and how to bring faith principles into these realities.
- Oversee, grow, and coordinate the beacon’s student ministry (stoke)
- Oversee, grow and coordinate the beacon’s children’s ministry (spark)
- Attend and participate in all beacon staff, and Pastoral meetings.
- Establish the vision and objectives for the Next Generation Ministry in line with those of the church.
- Recruit and train volunteers, including teaching leaders for beacon’s children’s ministry.
- Develop and deploy age appropriate curriculum for all ministries
- Personally lead middle and high school students in their spiritual growth
- Develop leaders to lead children and their families in their spiritual growth
- Develop positive relationships with students/children and their parents.
- Develop and deploy a robust social media presence in partnership with the beacon communications team
- Incorporate youth into various church ministries and service opportunities
- Grow students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word
More about this role and beacon: beacon is a 2 & ½ year old church plant in Denver. We are a load-in, load-out church with no permanent space at the moment. That means all beacon ministries and leaders are nimble and creative and work well within our community to develop programs and identify spaces that allow us to minister to our community. This role is part-time and provides the right leader with a great deal of flexibility to work at their pace and on their time, provided they meet their expectations and fit within our culture.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org