Youth and Children's Ministry
THE LIVING STONE CHURCH – DENVER, COLORADO
The Living Stone Church in Broomfield, CO is seeking to hire a passionate, servant-leader to be our NEXTGEN DIRECTOR. Located between downtown Denver and Boulder, The Living Stone Church began in NW Denver on August 21, 2016 in what has become known as “the church planting graveyard.” This is due to the number of church plants that simply won’t survive. Unfortunately, 86% of all churches planted in Denver will close by their 3rd anniversary. While there are more than 100K people living within 3 miles of the church, 94% are lost and have no relationship with God whatsoever. The Living Stone is the only surviving church planted in our city in more than 26 years – However, we just celebrated our 6th anniversary and have seen more than 385 salvations! God is moving POWERFULLY in and through our church – we’re excited to get to know you and see if you might be the next person to join our incredibly talented staff team!
Our NextGen Director will be responsible for implementing The Living Stone’s vision of “EXPANDING THE MOVEMENT OF JESUS FOLLOWERS in Denver, the West & the World,” through leading teams of volunteers in the Kids Ministry as well as our Student Ministry. This person will seek to engage parents in recruiting volunteer teams and will also be responsible for collaborating and working closely with current staff. Lastly, this person will seek to engage the community and local schools to build relationships. The person is a strong Follower of Jesus – a person who naturally leads and disciples people out of their own personal relationship with Jesus. This person is a natural builder and able to build upon the existing teams.
NEXTGEN DIRECTOR WILL HELP US BY
- Leading, shepherding and expanding the Kids and Student Ministry Teams.
- Working collaboratively with TLSC staff team and other ministries to enrich the lives of parents, kids and students.
- Overseeing Kids Ministry Team and Student Ministry Team.
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Abider – Diligently pursue your own spiritual life and formation (1 Tim. 4:7).
- Shepherd – Possess a sincere love for (and confidence with) leading teams of people and should be deeply skilled in working with all kinds of people with kindness and grace (1 Cor. 13:1).
- Creator – Be innovative and creative with engaging kids, students and parents. (1 Cor. 9:22).
- Culturally Savvy – Understand culture and able to use it with discretion (Acts 17:28).
- Team Builder – Able to build and equip teams for the work of ministry (Eph. 4:12).
- Learner – Be an avid reader and podcast listener who continually develops their personal faith in general and as a NextGen Minister in particular (Ec. 10:10).
- Adapter – Be comfortable working in a multi-ethnic, culturally diverse environment with people who come from a wide range of life experiences. (1 Cor. 9:22).
- Initiator – Possess high energy and be healthy because ministry is rigorous (2 Tim. 4:5).
- Example – Have personal integrity and is punctual – returning calls/messages, and accepts constructive input from others (Tit. 2:7; Prov. 9:9).
INTERESTED? HERE’S HOW TO APPLY
Please email us a resume, a cover letter & answers to these 6 questions to: email@example.com
- Tell us why you’re interested in The Living Stone’s NEXTGEN position?
- What experience do you have in ministry?
- What skills, qualities, spiritual gifts do you have that would enhance your ministry to lead people in an unchurched area like Denver?
- What books or pastors have influenced your faith and ministry?
- What do you like to do for fun and how do you like to spend your spare time?