Shepherd of the Hills Presbyterian Church
- To create a safe, nurturing, and interactive environment for children 3 years of age and younger in the church nursery.
- Sunday mornings 9:00 – 12:00 AM, during the worship service and the educational classes/meetings following worship. May include more hours as the program expands.
- Provide age-appropriate care while meeting the needs of each child individually. This may include feeding, changing, diapering, escorting to the bathroom, laying children down for a nap, holding, sitting with and engaging in play and activities.
- Seek to develop positive and trusting relationships with all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Work with a minimum of one volunteer each Sunday to collaborate in the care of the children.
- Maintain disinfecting and safety protocols for both the infant and toddler rooms.
- Maintain registration forms and accurate attendance.
- Report to the Director of Spiritual Formation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- Experience working with children in a variety of settings.
- Enjoy being with children of all ages; be patient and loving; have a gentle, warm and outgoing personality; and appreciate the individuality of each child.
- Ability to relate to, communicate, and work well with children, parents, and volunteers.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Possess (or obtain as soon as possible following employment) a current CPR certificate which is to be updated yearly at expense of the church.
- Must pass a pre-employment background screening.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties of kneeling, sitting, lifting 30 pounds and transferring children from one location to another.
- Fully vaccinated with COVID 19 vaccination required.
- Build and support a culture of love, compassion, and unity.
- Always ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
- Maintain the nursery procedures for cleaning and safety of equipment.
- Personal use of cell phones or other devices is prohibited.