Christ the King is a one-year-old church plant located in Virginia Village. We launched out of Wellspring Church in January of 2021, and have an ever-growing group of children. Our children’s pastor is looking for someone to come alongside her in helping run the classroom for the 0-3 year olds.
This will not be a typical children’s ministry job, for we are not looking for someone to expand the ministry. Rather, we just need consistent extra hands for Sunday itself. All of the lessons are already printed out, so you would simply help carry them out. Since these are littles, they will mostly spend their time playing, but they have about a 5 minute lesson midway through.
What This Job Entails:
- Being present from 3:30-7pm on Sundays
- 3:30-4:3oPM is setup
- 4:30PM, church starts, parents have the option to drop their littles off with you + another volunteer
- 4:30-5:30PM – church service, parents come pick up their kids for communion
- 5:30-6PM – clean up class
- 6-7PM – help keep track of kids during dinner
- Looking ahead at the lesson in the week, making sure you have a good idea of the flow for the lesson
What We’re Looking For:
- Must be over 18
- Someone who loves babies and toddlers! We recognize that not everyone does, and that is totally fine, but please don’t apply if you don’t love them.
- Preferably CPR trained, but we will help cover that if not
- Someone with another job or a spouse with one. We recognize that this is not a high-paying job, as it’s not a high-expectation/hours job. We want to make sure that not all of your eggs are in the basket for us to cover all your living expenses!
- You will be paid $20 an hour, and the job will entail 4.5 hours max per week (3.5 hours at the church, 1 hour of prep in the week looking at the lesson). This is $90 per week, so around $360 per month
- We will also help you be covered for CPR certification if you don’t have that yet