Administrative and Clerical
Celebration Community Church
A fun place to get serious about God
Ministry Description: Office Administrator
Our Vision: to create a life-giving, life-changing, missional, mentoring community for people in need of the grace and truth of Jesus Christ.
Our 5 Purposes: We exist to invite, inspire, and equip people to participate in Worship,
Witness, Community, Discipleship & Service.
Our core values are: an urban and global heart, diversity and ethnicity, love and informality, honesty and humility, justice and mercy, depth and reflection, humor and courage.
Position: Office & Organizational Administrator, Celebration Community Church
Purpose: To support the growing welcome ministry of Celebration, to coordinate the communications and general operations of the church, to provide general office duties in support of our congregation, staff and volunteers, to identify and enhance Celebration’s current processes and systems, and to offer a fun and safe environment to effectively serve others while growing deeper in your relationship with God. The ideal candidate is a proven administrator who works well independently but who also has excellent people skills.
Celebration Community Church is located in southeast Denver at 1650 S. Birch Street, Denver, CO 80222. We aren’t an inner-city church, but in alignment with our core value of urban and global heart, we certainly have a heart for all who live in urban areas. Our neighborhood community is multi-ethnic, with sizable immigrant populations from a variety of countries. Despite the location and our heart for people of all backgrounds, Celebration is only somewhat diverse. About 80% of our congregation is white with 10% or so Latinx, 5% Asian, 3% African-American, and the remaining 2% are other. We share our main Bible passage for the Sunday morning message in three languages: Spanish, Mandarin, and English because of the makeup of the congregation.
In alignment of our core values of diversity and ethnicity, our desire is to grow the diversity of both our staff and congregation so candidates of diverse backgrounds, including people of color, immigrants, and/or English language learners, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Passionate love for the Lord and a deepening spiritual maturity.
- Understands and appreciates the “Celebration Way” that reflects all of our core values identified above.
- Gift-mix that includes administration, hospitality, wisdom, strategic thinking, problem-solving, service, and team-building.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Effective time management, organizational, leadership and multi-tasking skills.
- Confidential, flexible, accurate with good follow-up skills.
- Ability to work well independently and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in Mac Products (ideal).
- Ability to be creative with written publications.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and schedules.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Welcome Ministry Support
- Work with Pastoral Staff in developing and maintaining an effective system for
communication with newcomers.
- Work with Office Volunteer Staff on all church communication, including publications, information technologies, and relevant information to congregation:
- Publications such as weekly e-mail & bulletin.
- Assist in the promotion of events and ministries through Planning Center tools
- Coordinate correspondence, bulletins, church newsletters, and other forms with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain communications with Leadership Team regarding pertinent information.
3. Information Systems
- Maintain church database (Planning Center) of church members, attendees, and visitors including establishment of process and procedure, data entry, and reporting.
- Work with greeters to establish effective distribution and recording of connection cards each week.
- Perform monthly queries within the database for tracking purposes, including visitors, attendance, etc.
4. Systems & Processes Development
- Research and understand current organizational policies, processes, and best practices.
- Make recommendations to appropriate teams and staff re: strategic next steps.
- Facilitate development and improvement in organizational changes.
5. Programs & Events
- Work with Office Volunteer to maintain a master calendar for the ministry year.
- Provide “know-how” support for other teams for event planning & promotions.
- Coordinate monthly communion (including scheduling, servers, and supplies).
- Assist with weekly worship planning and implementation.
- Work 2-4 Sundays a month as the Sunday Morning Coordinator.
6. Church Administration
- Attend weekly staff meeting on Tuesday mornings.
- Maintain office equipment.
- Maintain inventory, order, and restock office supplies.
- Organize and manage the day-to-day activities of the church office (including phone, voice mail, and postal mail) and ensure the efficiency of the office’s operations.
- Organize and coordinate special mailings.
- At year end, issue donor acknowledgement letters to all donors.
- Communicate with accounting team and volunteers.
- Assist in admin needs for monthly board meetings
7. General Bookkeeping
- Processing invoices, submitting check requests
- Coordinate with Jill and stewardship team on getting invoices and check requests paid promptly
- Staff expense reports via Expensify
- Depositing funds (both donations and non-donation income)
- Record keeping of income and expenses in Quickbooks
- Coordinate with the Treasurer (Currently Rob Pontow) on connecting day-to-day to the larger picture accounting
- Entering all donations into Planning Center to ensure accurate record-keeping of gifts made to the church.
Position Classification and Expected Work Hours: This is a non-exempt position that will be paid on an hourly basis. A typical work week will be 15-20 hours per week. As a part-time employee, the Office Administrator is eligible for paid time off, but is not eligible for insurance benefits or retirement benefits.
Office Hours: Office & Systems Administrator will work with Pastoral Staff to set in-office schedule.
Reporting: The Office Administrator will report to the Senior Pastor.
Compensation: $18-$20/hour, depending on experience
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to Senior Pastor Jill Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions: Please direct all inquiries to Pastor Jill Jones at email@example.com or 303-854-7151.To Apply: Jill Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)